Major engine hesitation

The car:1995 tsi stock except it has the 6-bolt motor and 14b and an exhaust system. The problem:My car has done this ever since i bought it and we thought it was the transmission but that just got replaced, so if i try and make any turn from a stop and really hammer on it the car will move for like 20 feet then bucks and the needle on the tach goes to zero. today while i was driving i went around an s-curve (not fast maybe 35) and the engine once again just dies and then when it is headed in a straight direction the motor kicks in again!
i was thinking maybe my fuel filter? or the pump itself i rreally dont know. any thoughts would really help.

a bad ground maybe

Thats kind of what i was thinking maybe with the fuel pump?

hmmmm that is interesting, also this is the first i have ever heard of this problem. Hows the welded center diff treating you?

the diff is not that bad actually. Im getting use to it but it wore the shit out of my passanger rear tire so far!

would look into fuel pump, maybe its on its way out and doesn’t have enought power to pull fuel when your turning? or low on gas and the baffels are shitty?

fuel filter i’d check too

yeah… I’d check the fuel filter and pump.

out of curiosity… does it idle ok? Another thing I’d do is get it scanned for any codes it may have thrown… hopefully it’ll help ya figure it out

are those cars MAF

I seem to have located your problem…

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Good luck - I hope it’s an easy fix.

it is fixed i guess i am retarded any my fuel gauge is very very inaccurate, i filled it up today for the first time ever and it is fine but right when it gets to the half tank line it starts again. i am still going to price some fuel pumps fo it.

You may want ot check that the pickup for the pump is still attached. If you need a fuel pump give us a call :wink: