Major PC problem

My PC is getting a BSOG when i try to boot it. Doesn’t matter if i try to run normal or safe mode, same thing happens. I get the BSOG and the “Page fault in non paged area” message.
I havent installed any software or hardware recently. It was working fine the night before, but when i got up for work the next morning, the BSOG was there.
I have 2 memory sticks in. I tried taking each of them out one at a time, same BSOG.
It is on a surge strip, but i am wondering with all the power issues from the storm if maybe the processor is damaged. Maybe windows is corrupted? Maybe the PC is just a POS?
Any help is appreciated.
Running XP home.

Kinda sounds like it’s a power related thing. Can you get into DOS to try and navigate the hard drive at all?

im guessing bsog = bsod? if so did you update your computer recently?

If you have automatic update on that could be it.

This BSOD at boot time thing usually turns out to be a bad memory stick or a bad sector on the hard drive that windows is trying to use as VM.

You already tried swapping the RAM around (unless both are bad), the next step would be to image-copy the hard drive to another one using Ghost or something similar.

Can’t believe i typed “BSOG”. Shouldn’t try to type after a bunch of Shiner Bocks…LOL
I DO have automatic update, so i am going to try that procedur eposted in that link. I will report back with the results
Thanks

ghost ftw

That did the trick!!! I am using the computer in question to type this, so it’s all good

Thanks again!

no problem. It happened to a couple of my clients computers as well.

ARRGGHHHH!!! Now i am getting the IRQ not less or equal BSOD.
AT least it boots. I am running some diagnostics to see if i can figure out whats going on.

any chance do you have an nvidia graphics card? Im leaning towards bad memory cards but you said you checked them so.

This error can be graphics card related as well.

If your motherboard uses VIA chipsets, then the VIA All-In-One needs to be installed but it requires testing either the new or older drivers, as sometimes the older ones will solve the issues.

It’s just the crappy onboard video. It’s an old Dell.
The only memory test i did was ouling out each stick and trying to boot it, which didnt make any difference, but that was becasue the problem was the the microsoft update, so i gues it’s possible one of the sticks may be going bad. One is the original 512, and one is the 1 gig i added about a year ago.
I ran a virus scan and AVG found one and said it eliminated it. Malware bytes found noting. It hasn’t done it since yesterday, and seems to be working OK now.

I had this problem too. I got it fixed on saturday after windows fixed the update, but I now have some bad memory, and the front output on my sound card is dead. though all that might be from completely tearing apart the pc twice