PC issues (power went out while shuttin down)

my power went out while i was shutting down my desk top. so when i tried to restart it later, it booted up tellin me to either run it in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode wiht command prompt, last known good config, and start windowns normally. i’ve tried every option and every time it never starts up windows. it just keeps cylcling thru that menu. it says windows will start normally after 25 seconds, after that time runs out, it tries to start and then it just keeps cyling thru that. is my computer fubard now or can i get it to stop doin this?

windows xp by the way…

My computer would keep cycling about 5-10 seconds after turning it on, when it tried to load xp. I took the psu to compusa and had it tested. The guy said it worked, but no good, and suggested a new one. Bought a new 400w+ for $32 and it works perfect…

wait wait, bought a new what? im in the unknown for my computer shit

power supply unit…

hmmm, may be the problem? it is an old computer

Did it start out saying windows had experienced a problem and could not start up successfully and that there may have been a recent software or hardware upgrade that could have effected it, and if you did not know why you were getting the message, to start windows from last known good configuration? If so, thats the same issue I had and there is a thread about it in the on topic. HP told me it was my hard drive and sent me a new one. I still occassionally get the error message, but this time it actually starts up.

yes i got that exact message but you know the count down thing at the bottom? i just constantly loops to that messge after it counts down. this is after i tried clickin on all the options it gives me. im takin it to either the school computer dept or best buy to see what can be done or if i can just get my shit off the hard drive. i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed all my stuff off it for sure. its all my school projects

yeah, then it just boots up and down up and down. its annoying as hell. like i said i got a new hard drive and the computer works now, but I still occasionally get that message but alls i do is hit start windows and it works fine, or if the timer counts down itself it will just boot up. Sorry to hijack your thread, as I know jack about computers, but I figured Id tell you what I did. Hope you get your stuff. I lost a bunch of shit. But I didnt have another computer to try to load my hard drive in. Good luck!

there was another thread on this sub forum that should help.

If you have an XP CD your going to need to do a repair install of the OS more then likely.

thats the problem, i dont have the cd’s anymore. the computer is old enough i believe it had windows 98 on it when i got it. my buddy loaded up xp on and i asked him where the cds where and he said long gone