Man Cave Upgrades - Looking for audio suggestions.

Looking to change up some things in the house, starting with Audio-Video.

Warning - I’m buying a DLP. There are 2 reasons for this. 1… because I don’t need a trendy flat panel. 2… you just can’t touch home theater size in a LED/LCD/Plasma … ain’t gonna happen. Oh, and DLP is still awesome. Fuck the haters.

TV -
WD-82738 - Mitsubishi - Home Cinema / 82" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / 3D DLP HDTV
This is “last year’s model” so I’m getting a discount here. Already ready for 3D.
The TV is probably the only thing not up for “change” in this phase of upgrades. For what I’m going to pay for it, there just isn’t another option. My closest viewers are 8’ from the screen and the majority of my viewing is 17’. I also like being able to read the guide and the text in GTA4 from my couch… I need big text. I don’t have a lot of light in the room when I watch TV, and I currently have 0 problems with the 60" RPTV I currently watch.

Audio -
I’ve been out of the audio game for a bit, so I let the guys at BB show me some stuff. I’ll probably stick with BB or possibly the used surround on here…

Receiver -
Yamaha RX-A700

Smalls -
Definitive 600 Package - 1 center, 4 satellites, 1 sub.

Front Towers -
Definitive 8020 - These also have 8" subs in them and sound pretty damn good.

Now, if there is some way I can save $1,000 on this surround crap, let me know. If there are comparable components at drastically reduced prices, show me the way. I’m not paying what you see on the BB site, take off at least 12% on all of it.

I’ll probably hold off on the 3D glasses for now, that is $400 which will get much cheaper really quick.

BB is appealing because of the strings I can pull there. I get decent discounts, free shipping and free install. I may get all of the premium cabling thrown in for free too… still working on that.

Current HDMI feeds to receiver are PS3, Time Warner Cable and PC. I am not a freak when it comes to audio/video in any way… so I don’t need the best of the best, but it has been about 10 years since I have bought decent audio stuff. I’ve never bought a new TV.

I’m already aggravated with the stand I have… and it isn’t unlike any other stand in the world, but my controller can’t blast through the couch for the cable box. So, you have to hold the remote above your head (lying down) to do anything. I’d like a “tray” that attaches to the top of the tv to hold some of the AV stuff, or just the cable box. My in-laws have one on the back of their tv… and I don’t want to make one if I can find one. “tray” doesn’t seem to be the right word to search on, so I’m going to “shelf” next.

Now, you nerds with panels… do you have RF remotes? Do you not have any obstructions between your remote and the box you’re pointing at? You probably have a very similar stand for your components… how are you controlling them?

(It is a huge sectional, which is why the “couch” is in the way.)

Just found this. Apparently “shelf” is the right term.

Looking for more options.