Man follows sat nav to cliff edge (WHOOPSIE content ITT)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45599000/jpg/_45599796_cliff226.jpg
Robert Jones continued to follow the instructions when they told him the narrow, steep path he was driving on in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, was a road.
Mr Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, only stopped when his BMW hit a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge on Sunday morning.
Police have charged Mr Jones with driving without due care and attention.
The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job.
He described Sunday’s incident, during a visit to friends in Todmorden, as “a nightmare”.
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road.
“The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention.”

*not my words

Dang. :rofl

I wonder what company will be getting sued. At least that’s what would happen in America.

That’s sort of what I was thinking, that guy is going to sue the nav company.
But still, I think the cops were right in ticketing him.
You only stopped AFTER you crashed through the fence? Come on dude. Pay attention to where you are driving. That’s what headlights are for.

:ahh fuck headlights, thats what eyes and half a brain are for, if you dont stop before your ass is hangin off the edge of a cliff you have problems up there lol :eek3

:rofl

Well, I meant they are there to see at night.
But yes, pay the fuck attention and use your head, don’t rely on the damn nav and drive oblivious to the world around you.

i can just picture someone with the nav. right above the steering wheel, watching the little car and only looking at the tiny 2’’ screen haha :rofl

“Wow! It’s like a video game! Look that little car is me! And oh look there is the road to…”

Fence

haha