Man is defiant at a border patrol checkpoint

I did a search, didn’t see anything:

It’s very long so here’s the Cliffs:

They set up a temporary checkpoint within 100 miles of the border somewhere in New Mexico, case in point is that it is not actually on the border. This guy stops, and then refuses to go to the secondary inspection, saying they have no reason to believe he is suspicious. He is just on his way to work. He will not let them inspect his car until they produce a warrant. I guess the line of cars backs up pretty damn long behind him. In the end, he wins, lol, they just let him go.

Wow, that dude is just being a bitch. 5 minutes at the secondary check is better than 30 minutes and a drama fest sitting in place. Why do people think that border patrol is out to get them? They are doing their fucking jobs trying to keep people safe.

100 miles? WTF is that.

There is a part of me that is glad he stood his ground and won.

There should be a rock solid procedure when inspecting a car 100 miles from the boarder. Simply stating, you look suspicious doesn’t cut it.

? those border agents sound awfully foreign for US agents

Listening to the video right now

I don’t really know where I stand on this, but as of right now I like this guy if what he is stating is true in regards to what his rights are. That being said if I were behind him I’d be pissed that I was being held up.

I’m just surprised that there’s a checkpoint randomly on a highway near the border

We are slowly but surely losing our rights as citizens and this guy is defending himself to his fullest extent. He clearly knows what the agents are allowed to do under the law at that particular checkpoint, and he stood his ground. Good for him! You can bet your ass the next time they stop him, they will simply wave him on through.

Violating someone’s rights = their job?

I suppose under the patriot act…

good for him. Youre going to see more of these checkpoints not less. The more you see the worse. I know we are a long way off from random checkpoints everywhere but is there anyone here who would actually support checkpoints? isnt that what nazi germany did that americans were very opposed to ya know “show me ur papers” “let me see ur papers”. Fuck that i wouldve done the same thing.

so, since they are border control they need a warrant? A cop would not need a warrant tho

he has a really homo text ringtone lol

They are not on the border. That is a big difference. They have ZERO proof or actual reason to believe that this guy just came from Mexico. That is the guys whole argument. He simply left his home in the USA and is traveling to his place of employment in the USA. The “Border” Patrol should stick to patrolling the border.

just watched the whole thing

so many classic “official sounding” 1 liners “its for our own safety” … “mere suspeicion of illegal activity”…“there’s a bounty in mexico for our death” LOL that was my fav. We’re not in mexico buddy, we’re 100 miles from the border!!

this kid is a huge fuckin faggot

LOL @ “we’re covering the backfield”

:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_RkYXlmXE

when entering a border crossing you consent to a search automatically, this however is not a border crossing so he wins.

So why do people get pulled over at toll booths and searched?

if you go along with it you start waiving your rights, don’t consent and they aren’t waived?

People get pulled over at toll booths and searched? :wtf: