Man made vs Natural Diamonds

+1.

/comparison.

lol at all the people that cry about blood diamonds. no, my wifes stones are not, but srsly? how many of yo support abusive labor practices in every other branch of consumerism?

This is why I am letting my girl choose her own ring, incase she wants the cheaper one, lol.

The Color and Clarity are both less; which is what turned me off when I bought my Fiance’s Engagement ring; and why I went with a real diamond.

I know people who have gotten the man-made ones; and the Zircon based ones; and while they’re happy with it; I wouldn’t have been if I went that route. If that’s the direction you want to go when buying them, more power to you; but it’s not my thing.

What I bought:
Color - F
Cut - 0 Flawless Princess
Clarity - VS1
Carat - .69

In a solitaire setting; she loves it; and I’m happy with it.

She wanted one of the “pre-assembled” rings from Kays for like 1/2 what I paid; but the cut/quality/color were crap and not something I wanted on my Fiance’s/Wife’s finger.

The “blood diamond” issue is not about abusive labor practices, although it is true that DeBeers has been accused of this. It is about the funding of the war and carnage in many regions of Africa including Sierra Leone, Liberia, DRC etc…

It is also very difficult to verify where exactly a diamond was mined. A retailer sure can say that their diamond was mined in a non-conflict area, but it is really impossible to tell.

haha…i actually have that one. you’re girl is a dude.

I will be getting a TI/CF wedding band as well… however i once found one that looked more “engineered” it had little tiny phillips screws howling in the CF inlay, and was more square then rounded, i found it 2-3 years ago, now cant find it anywhere… which kind of stinks.

That being said, check second hand sources for diamonds , and do youre research on diamond grading. Go to a jewler, and see what differance there ACTUALLY is between vvs2 and si 1 and si2… and how colors look in person, and sizing… Diamond prices jump when they go above magic "milestone: sizes, usually every .25 ct… ie the price does NOT jump proportinally up from say 1.5 to 1.75… it actually almost doubles as you hit that 1.75… however, if you find a 1.69 ct diamond, the differance in pricing is usually very small. I just did a WHOLE bunch of research etc

There are men’s and women’s sizes :-p

I want the one Leonardo DiCaprio died for.