man serves 6 months in iraq, gets shot 6 times by hometown cop while on leave ...

just saw this on CNN, found a snippet online about it:

A Barksdale airman was shot sunday night by a sheriffs deputy in Los Angeles. Witnesses say the deputy began yelling orders at Elio Carrion after pulling over the car he was riding in. Carrion reportedly yelled back, "Were on the same side, im with you." Home video of the accident shows Carrion being shot after getting up, apparently on the deputys order.

Carrion is heard telling the officer he is unarmed and is in the military.

At one point, a voice is heard saying several times: “Get up.”

Carrion says: “I’m gonna get up.” As he rises, at least four shots are fired and Carrion collapses, crying out in pain.

yea i saw that too. FUCKED UP

humm. some will be looking for a new job.

^ nah…they’ll get their suspension, and they’ll be back on the job before the end of march. Cop shooting a hispanic guy in LA = not always a bad thing. (in this case, it was a bad thing…)

fuckin’ ridiculous :tdown:

thats fucked up…i saw that this morning at work (air force base)…people here shook there heads and were like wtf!!!

This was at the end of a 100 mph police chase? Explains more but still not justified

whats the status of the guy? was he killed?

survived … bullet in the knee hip and shoulder i think …

sounds like the kind of cop where the safest place to be when hes shooting is directly IN FRONT of him …

:word: once you get the adreanline running you take drastic measures doing shit

Saw/heard the video this morning. I definitely did not hear the cop order him up, just him saying he’s getting up. From what I saw and heard, and ass whupping was justified, but not a shooting. I think the cop was solo though and dealing with a disobedient person, so who knows what the proper response would have been? :gotme:

wow real shitty

here is a little better article:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-chino,0,4869700.story

I dont care how they break it down there is no reason to soot a guy on the ground 3 times. Cop was on some kind of fucking roid rage and deserves to have his ass handed to him in a plastic baggie.

:word: ^^ absolutely

kill the cop

:tif:

too many rumors, not enough details

still,three times, on the ground? wtf, people wonder why there’s no respect for police anymore

yeah that cop is an asshole, i hope he goes to jail

just saw it 3 more times in a row … each time it definantly sounded like “get up get up get up bang bang bang”

they presume that the cop ment SHUT up each time … and fucked up what he was trying to say … dude followed the directions he was giving, and the cop shot him not realizing he had in fact ordered the guy to get up