Mark DeSantis

30% voter turnout… :kekegay:

isn’t his term 18 months or some shit?

its a two year term

yeah exactly it dont matter who got elected…nothin is gonna get done anyway.

You know, i think you should go fuck yourself and actually leave Pittspeed… better yet drive one of your peices of shit off a cliff with you playing your dukes of hazard music while wearing a backwards NY yankees ball cap, tommy hilnigger jeans and POLO sweatshirt. You put your fucking nose in everything and to tell you the truth NOBODY likes you on here. So please take your confused eminem ass back to where you came from.

P.S. Leave your boys outa this…:rolleyes:

GO / yourself

Even if I did not know Luke I would still want to give someone that had the same qualities a chance to do the job. Murphy made bad decisions for Pgh, decisions that will have an affect for years to come. What the city needs now is new ideas, new ways to move forward and fix problems along the way. I have not seen a strong pursuit in years, even with Luke’s movements in the past year.

2 years is a short enough time that if he does not work out we can move on. 2 years is also a long enough time to see if he does have the vision that this city needs.

Someone mentioned the debates, both were terrible. I thought they were going to break out into a slap fight.

Pittsburgh, business wise, would probably have been better with DeSantis. That being said, I think Ravenstahl was the better overall choice for mayor.

Using the sports analogies, being a mayor is like being a head coach or manager. If you don’t have the horses in the stable, you aren’t going to win games.

The most important thing for Luke to do is surround himself with intelligent people well versed in city politics to do the difficult paperwork shit for him and let him “manage” them, basically to the point where he decides what he wants done, and then puts those people to work to make it happen.

Most of us, Whitey, Be-Rad, 77RedNeck, etc. have jobs that require a high level of thinking and knowledge of the subject matter in order to be successful. Could any of us be CEO’s right now? Maybe, but they would definitely be much more effective if they surrounded themselves with competent help in order to manage the company. I think being Mayor is basically the same thing.

Luke is no dummy. I think everything will be okay.

I agree I want to see what he can do with some more time in office and if he fails then it was only 2 years.

I do not know Luke personally. I know people who are friends with him and his wife so all I have to go by is his track record and potential to be a great mayor to the city.

or his potential to continue doing stupid shit making it highly unlikely another 20-something year old would ever seriously be considered for a high profile public office.

doen’t he have an advisor that tell him “luke you can’t do that” i mean when ur a public figure you gotta surrond urself with smart reliable people to point this stuff out to you… i mean come on… you think someone would have told him you can’t go and shake hands with the people running the pools. he’s young and learning but thats why the more he needs to have a reliable advisor.

There is a lot of oversimplification going on in this thread.

I’m sure Luke will continue doing a fine job as mayor.