Mark's Track Day! Oct 14th (Dunnville Autodrome)

The nice thing about lapping with this crowd is that I don’t worry about someone getting stupid and wrecking my ride. Everyone I’ve seen on the track so far has been capable and aware enough that I don’t worry about them.

That lets me drive my car within my limits and see what I can do to improve the line. On the 14th, I’m likely to take the front stretch a little more slowly this time so I don’t have to stand on my brakes at the end of the stretch like I did last time. Either that, or I have to get some better pads (I was running some cheap OEM pads) before I track my car again.

not to stick up for us 240sxs but my car still needs its brake lines bought and put on and the hicas line still have to be corked off if i get that done by sat/sun i will probably go and most of us 240s r broke lol but my car only has cold air and its an automatic im not afraid to go if my car can make it i will

i don’t think its nice to pick on those who don’t wish to participate in track events. some people just like to have a nice ride.

like ppl who build VIP turbo cars, are they supposed to track their lexus with 22s on them?

If people aren’t sure what their car is capable of, at least try one event and see how your car does. Cooling, handling, power will all become clear once you put your car through the paces.

There’s also people who can’t afford to break down as its their daily driver (I’m one of them but I’ve still gone to a couple of events). Good way to test your build or work that you’ve done.

Anyways, everyone has their thing. And it doesn’t make em any more elite because they went to a track event. Just gives them all the more reasons to start talking trash to and about others. Something thats clearly visible in some of the threads as of late. (Sure it’s all in good fun, yayaya, until you poke an eye out) :o

It all comes down to the fun factor. Nothing like being in the company of some fast cars and some interesting cool people and friends.

Like I’ve said, building a “track” car and not taking it to the track is like getting your penis enlarged. I think some people do it so that others can see the bigger bulge in their pants.

if its a track car, its not street legal. if its not on the street, where is it? obviously not in parking lots lol

You mean me? I didn’t get any more respect for pwning those 3 signs. Or did I? :\

you got mad rethpect from me negro

no seriously though, i dont think Dave was speaking about anyone in particular :smiley:

anyone whos a good sport when they track their car and then wreck it gets respect in my books :smiley:

it’s more that if i dont break when i go to cscs & depending if i get the tune done in time then i will for sure come…

It’s not always about power.

Maybe you thought you were on a drag strip and forgot you had to make a turn up ahead :dunno:

For sure. That means you were out there doing it and pushing the car to its limits. They say if you don’t go off track you aren’t going fast enough :slight_smile:

Samson I think there are a lot of built track cars that will never see the track. With huge brakes, cages, every brace you can name from Carbing and Nagista as well as coilovers sporting super aggressive spring rates. And why are they doing that again? Its not comfortable, its not reliable, its not cheap, hell it doesn’t even get bitches, so…WTF?

EDIT: I saw the Gallardo roadster from the Aug 6 event in downtown traffic this AM, god that is hard to watch a bull castrated like that.

Bullshit!

i like your style Dave

but let me revise it

They say if you don’t get sideways, you aren’t pushing yourself and going fast enough.

hahahaha

driftfreeweekends?

so ur talking about a race car built to be a show queen! trailer queen :slight_smile:

i say if u build it fu*king drive it! i couldnt stand to just look at my car everyday and not drive it just like durin the whole build i have been going nuts!

driftfreeweekends eheh…you can pull it off just one more time

hey man i have a set of those RT15’S are they pretty good to your knowledge ??? i wanted nitto nt01’s but didnt have time

RT 615s are amazing, best street tires that I’ve used. They perform amazing on the track. That’s the only street tire that I will buy from now on. :slight_smile:

Shaved RA-1 !!! ON THE 240sx lol :slight_smile: well somewhat…

i hope you bought something rediculously huge, like 275 minimum haha

otherwise you’re going to have a bitch of a time trying to put any power down out of those tight corners at dunnville.

my normal tyres are 275 , and yes i did buy 275 , lol