Mats Sundin, coming back in mid-December

"Mats Sundin appears to be aiming for a mid-December comeback, with as many as 11 teams – including the Maple Leafs – interested in his services.

“Mats is currently training daily with the intention to return,” Sundin’s agent, J.P. Barry said. “He may still decide not to play, however, if his training regimen doesn’t produce the results he expects.”

The former Leaf captain is working out in Los Angeles, doing mostly strength and aerobic training. Barry says Sundin will likely start skating before the end of November, making a mid-December return “a reasonable guesstimate.”

Leafs GM Cliff Fletcher said it’s been “a while” since he spoke with Barry. “We never said we weren’t interested, and this is the first I’ve heard a mid-December comeback,” said Fletcher.

Sundin remains the most sought-after free agent on the market. Peter Forsberg remains a question with a foot ailment. Brendan Shanahan is believed to be in talks with the Philadelphia Flyers.

The teams believed to be most interested in Sundin include the Vancouver Canucks, who offered him $20 million (U.S.) over two years in July; the Ottawa Senators, the New York Rangers, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Montreal Canadiens – who had acquired exclusive negotiating rights with Sundin prior to his declaration of free agency on July 1 – have said they are no longer interested in the Swedish centre. The Habs acquired centre Robert Lang from the Blackhawks.

Sundin met with Canucks GM Mike Gillis earlier this month.

Who the F@#$ cares? What is he…55 now?

Since Sundin just sold his house in Toronto I doubt he is coming back to play here.

Adrian

mark

stop posting non car-related shit in car chat

… about the leafs in general

Is this a rumour?

^
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/v5/content/subscribe?user_URL=http://www.theglobeandmail.com%2Fservlet%2Fstory%2FLAC.20081112.SUNDIN12%2F%2FTPStory%2FSports&ord=75817269&brand=theglobeandmail&force_login=true

I guess he really isn’t coming back.

I think he’s going to Vancouver… I can really see that happening.

he is going to anaheim

• they dont play leafs anymore this year so no booing from old fans
  • warm location
  • he can be more or less anonymous around there…not really a hockey town

I just hope he does not come back to toronto.

But with the good change burk is coming in really who knows what is going to happen, I think he is going to change things around a lot more then Fletcher