mav have hg prob. anyone have copy of s13a shop manual?

my coolant’s brown, i dunno if it’s caused by a mixture of red and green coolant (because i have topped it off with green coolant, and i believe it had red coolant in there previously), dirty coolant or by a faulty hg which is causing oil to leak and contaminate the coolant. i’ll do a coolant flush on tues just to make sure…

i just checked the engine oil today and noticed that it’s already below the ‘hi’ fill mark… and i only put about 500k’s on it after i did an oil change… so i duno if my engine’s actually burning oil, or HG is allowing the oil to flow all over the place, or maybe it’s my valve cover gasket, which is in fact, leaky.

the car runs fine, and i may add that it’s quite strong beyond 2500rpm. while idling, the revs go up and down by maybe 100rpm in odd times. does not overheat, and the temp guage does not flutuate. the heater still blows heat and is relatively warm.

so does anybody have a nissan s13a 1989-90 service manual that won’t mind me photocopying a few pages, or know anywhere i can DL my own copy? i found zilvia.com has one for the 90, but only for ca18det… i know it’s prolly the same concept for doing hg work, but i would like specific torque specs for the ka24e. has anyone done hg work themselves and can comment on the difficulty of the job? thanks for viewing

sam

I have FSM’s for sale.

1989 - 1990 $85.00

LOL…too funny…sorry…the red coolant is ONLY FOR GM cars. Flush your system asap and use any green and only green fluid (50/50 mixture)

thanks guy, but 80 bucks is too much for my blood. i just need a photo copy of the head removal, that’s it

ebrahimi, do you teach math? my univ prof’s name is ebrahimi! no it’s not funny, toyota’s also use red coolant (straight from the factory) if you don’t know… and red coolant is SUPPOSEDLy (i dunno if this is a fact), longer lasting.

the red coolant i9s called dexicool and is used in all gm cars after 1993. Yes some jap cars may use it but you will find that all jap cars that do use it have aluminum rads as well as aluminum blocks. dexecool has a difrent chemical make-up and it is not recomended for cast-iron blocks. As for a service manual you can go to a canadian tire and find a haynes manual for 20 bucks if they don’t have one there ask them to order it and they can have it same day (some stores in T.O area) or next day for sure. I got mine at wallmart of all places but I know you can get it from CT(i work ther). As for oil being in your coolant system you would know for sure because th oil will float to the top and you would see it as soon as you took the rad cap off. or if there was lots of oil in the coolant it would be milky and foamy. YOur coolant is prob just old and hass alot of rust deposits turning it brown or rust colour.

chiltons are only $20…

no, i’m not a professor at the school. I do have a CD manual for all nissan cars years 1988 to 2000 (same one used in mechanic shops). I’ll give it to you for $15. it aslo covers all honda, acura infinity and some others. (2 CD). I’m located in ottawa.

what other FSM’s does the cd come with, does it have aw11, s13a, s13b and ek6??

Hi, sorry i dont know what FMS is or what the S & B in S13 mean. The CD only cover all North American version of all nissans and other cars i posted earlier.

PM me for more info.

visit:

http://servicemanual.freeservers.com/

for some pics of the manual

out of the sample ones i clicked, they were all for bmw… is there one for the 1990 and 1993 240sx, 1989 mr2 and 1998 civic??

So if im running Dexcool its a bad thing?