MAX parts debut in USA

NOTE I got all this from zilvia and take no credit for any of the information below, just trying to spread word. heres the original link: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=144069&highlight=Max+Coilover

i’ve seen these guys advertise for a while on zilvia but never had the time to read up on reviews and check them out.

i did so today and seems like word of mouth about these products are awesome.

company is owned 100% by drifters so prices are decent with quality in mind. they abuse these products and make sure they are built right. these parts are HUGE in san diego and are making their way through the US.

http://www.gtfactory.jp/hdr3.jpg
Parts Shop MAX was foundeded in Shizuoka, Japan by respected touge drifter and local dori champion Kawamori Eisuke. Eisuke San has spent his years tuning Drift machines in his expansive shop adorned with the image of the mascot Turbo-Kun. Now Eisuke San shares his knowledge and coveted parts stateside with the debut of Parts Shop MAX USA in southern California and online at www.poweredbyMAX.net .
The Parts Shop Max concept is a drifting community service business created by drifters to help our fellow enthusiast fully enjoy what we all love, our cars and our sport! We design test and manufacture parts that our team finds effective in increasing power, control and aesthetics of our vehicles. We know that you can only be happy with your car when it is tuned to fit your needs

http://www.gtfactory.jp/P1000852.jpg

The suspension is $1000 for s13/s14/r32/r33. Key features: pillow ball uppers front AND REAR with top spring mount that allows unrestricted movement, Aggressive damping with the same damping range as 32 way systems but it only requires 8 clicks full hard to full soft. Replacement dampers are in stock and cost less than a tien rebuild (no down time). 10kg front 8kg rear are standard.

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1175800435_2_FT69_p1000766.jpg

http://www.gtfactory.jp/P1000856.jpg
Camber arm, Toe rod, Traction Rod, Tension rod $180 per pair.

http://www.gtfactory.jp/P1000884.jpg
5x114.3 Wheel spacer (1 pair) 20mm $70, 25mm $80, 30mm $90

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1179542285_2_FT10_p1010105.jpg
TUBE FIN (not cheap bar plate) FMIC kit for SR equipped S13, S14 $380

i personally will try these products out in the future, maybe try their coilovers when i get some more power and want a stiffer ride. i’m sure they will have more products to come.

anyone hear anything else about MAX parts from friends and what not?

word on the street is that some people would get MAX coilovers over JIC…hrmmmm

not for the feint heart, these coils on the softest setting would equal another coilover (one around the same price range of course) on its hardest setting, from the distrubutors mouth himself.

WARNING MAX COILOVERS in ACTION!!!

I unno man…Cheap + Quaility don’t go hand in hand very well. Those parts look pretty solid but it should be interesting to see how this stuff holds up over time.

nice… the arms and spacers look hot… i would rock those… and fmic and piping u cant really make those wrong

coilovers i wonder if they are actually good …

those coilovers look deceivingly like NEX… or in other words… go with Megan if you want them at that price point.

The stuff shows very well though.

Samson, you already have all the parts that MAX is selling, so why would you try them out?

pre-fab spacers are ghey when they are that wide. the bore of aftermarket wheels is not always the same so hub-centric rings built into the spacers are useless… i had to add plastic rings on my H&R’s when i had my Impuls years back.

I still had the limited thread engagement on some aftermarket RUCA’s but i havent ever heard of a major issue with it. The only major issue with any multi-link arms are bending the toe arm from being too low (install related) or busting Taiwanese tin-RUCA’s (buyer stupidity related)

i’ve heard some not-so-awesome cali semi-pro drivers big-up this stuff. But none of the super amazing guys are using it yet.

Price doesn’t determin quality. I could take D2’s repackage with new colours/brand and ask 30% more. What does that get me? A high end priced coilover that cgguy will buy because they’re not cheap.

Prices Canadian or American?

i believe the price are in us dollars but with the exchange rate being so low, it still comes out to a great deal.

Not really, I remember someone telling me that stance are $1400 compared to Megans which are $1000. So the Stance are obviously a lot better than the cheap megan shit. :slight_smile:

No one said that price determines quality. I’m sure a lot of coilovers utilize internals that don’t warrant a major price bump… but come on, let’s be honest, everyone here has learned that brands like D2 and Ksport are cheap for a reason. These guys are charging a 1000 bucks for their coilover and I can tell you without a doubt that they wouldn’t hold a torch to say Zeal, Ohlins, HKS or even Stance. If you want to assume that the gang over at MAX sports is doing us all a big warm fuzzy favor by offering “high-end” coilovers at that price point then go ahead and buy them…let me know how it turns out.

I think parts like those are fine for most people on SON anyways. Half of them don’t even go to the track, they just build a car with a lot of awesome parts but never go to the track.

However, I was talking to spd-dmn and he did say that the street is a lot harsher than the track in terms of driving conditions and I can agree with that in a way.

But if that’s the case, why even bother putting all these parts on your car in the first place? Might as well just have shocks and springs which will be more comfortable than coilovers and call it a day.

stock suspension ftw.

haha face <3

i also semi agree that the streets are harsher then the track. some odd bumps in T.O will definetly test your suspension setup.

also, if you go off track on certain courses, it will also test the durability of the suspension.

on another note, the MAX coils are cheap for a reason. they are not inverted monotube valving. that is probably the reason in why they are $1000 USD.

i want to try them just for the sake of trying them, so i can see where stance stands.

if anything, the next coils i will try will be the tanabe 7s. i’ve heard great things about these coils.

tanabe 7s, hks hypermax, zeal, yoshio…would probably be on my list of coils i’d like to try that aren’t CRAZY expensive.

Ive been seeing ads for this stuff lately in magazines like PAS… LOOKS like good stuff…

I did a set of Tanabe 7’s for a local S13… $2300+

with teas?

i think the older version DDs were cheaper.

around 1700-1900 range depending on where you get it

So far , the guys in cali give them nothing but good reviews on the way they drive and how low they go.

Only time will tell if they are actually good.

btw that vid was awesome.

bing your so jealous

:rolleyes:

you made a spelling mistake in addition to being wrong. prolly why you’re still parting cars out 3 years after it was cool.

Well the price on that intercooler is pretty damn good for a tube/fin.