MazdaSpeed3 info needed

Good friend of mine is looking to get into a ms3.
He wants to get a 2011, and do some bolt-ons and a tune- looking for info on what mods these cars respond well to, as well as some general info.

I know we have one or two members that own one, but anyone with knowledge regarding this motor feel free to post.

Just wondering if I should steer him away from this, and into a different vehicle, or if they are actually decent cars for what they are and are capable of making more power reliably

torque steer and ugly front end.

look cool on the ground…although this one has slightly more rear camber then i would ever run.

That looks horrid.

BECAUSE RACE CAR!!! :crackup

this is the front end of the 2011.

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/196475-4/2010_Mazdaspeed3_Cdn_Track_002.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7375/mazda3comparison.jpg

they can make decent power with the normal bolt on’s and a good tune. I was really looking for an 09 cause im not a huge fan of the “new” style. It wont be no KOTS though lol. I say go for it.

get a gti

gti > ms3 all day err day

that is awful.

Don’t these burn oil?

4-door GTI. Go see Chris Brewer at Langan VW :bowdown

i will sell you a sweet black on black brand new one i just got, or a sweet black on black used one i just got…

Dont plan on making large horsepower numbers… And if he doesnt like squeaks and rattles he should look elsewhere.

It looks like the new frontend got deformed from radioactivity or some shit lol

lots of torque steer, pretty close to more power than you want in a front wheel drive. The older ones look pretty cool, the new ones look pretty downsy. I didn’t drive it (didn’t know how to drive stick at the time), but I rode in it. Was fun.

That one would be really nice if they’d just lift the suspension an inch or two, buy wheels that actually fit, and get an allignment.

the engines blow up n shit

the biggest issue with them is the crank bolt loosens and the t-belt hub is press fit wit no keyway so it loosens up and smashes valves much like a busted timing belt , they burn oil