mazdaspeed3?

I love my car. It is the first time in ~12 years of car ownership that I don’t want to get rid of a car and into something new. I find it is a perfect mix of being fun/“quick” while still being able to drive it year round without worry. For the price range new ~$25,000 I really don’t think there is anything better out there. If you are having trouble getting a drive in one let me know, I can let you take mine for a decent spin

Thanks I appreciate it. I’m going to keep looking for a little while and if I still can not find one I’ll let you know.

The MS3 will definitely be less irritating day to day than the new civic si’s IMO. My mom has a 07 Si I drive whenever I visit and it has a lot of things I like, but the things I hate, I really hate. My friend just got an 08 mazdaspeed3 gt and it was so much closer to what I like. The clutch was not to my liking but overall it was fun. Judging from you sig, you’re use to FWD so it won’t be as big of deal to you as it was for me, but that thing torque steered like a bitch. You should check out WRX wagons while your at it.

How is third gear in our moms civic? And I actually just got done driving an 08 wrx sedan and I loved it, minus the fact that It’s 5spd rather than 6spd.

08 WRX is a bad year. It was the first year with the new body style but the car only had 220 or 240 hp. In 2009 they bumped it up to over 260hp which just about matches the mazdaspeed3.

call me biased, but I’d take a Audi A3 (or vw gti) with stage II ($80 ebay downpipe + $600 flash), for $10k-$20k. Has 270hp/320tq and a ton more lux + style.

• reliability issues…no thanks. I am biased too though.

Biased for good reason…they’re really nice cars…

yeah… but:

http://www.mazdapic.com/mazda/car/pictures/2010/03/0611-z-2b2007-mazdaspeed-3-2binterior1.jpg

vs.

http://www.nyssan.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=52274&g2_serialNumber=1

but I do admit that I like the ms3 more than the ms6. I wouldn’t buy the A3 or the MS3 for a sports car / fun car but I definitely wouldn’t buy the MS3 for a lux. car / daily driver. That’s my thought process.

your pic isn’t working, but actually the interior on the speed3 is great. Seats are comfy (though not leather), controls are great. Auto air, mp3 plugin, really cool lighting that is customizable, spare cig lighter in center console storage, MASSIVE glove box, 1 million cup holders, nice steering wheel, radio controls on steering wheel

I could go on and on. I’ve done over 30k in it, and had it less than 2 years. Phenomenal interior for the price point.

The A3 is nice and all, but I just won’t put up with the reliability issues. Like I said, 30k in less than 2 yesrs and the only thing that’s gone wrong is a single blown shock.

I just picked a stock photo from google, you know what they look like. the ms3 has a decent features list, but the overall quality of materials and feel are poor to average imo. I guess I’m sick of the evo-syndrome where I felt like I was driving an econo box the 80% of the time I wasn’t boosting like crazy which was a big factor in me getting rid of that car. I love my heated seats, leather, climate, lots of sound deadening, and just a solid high end feel that the audi gives me and I’m really happy with mine despite buying a bit of a dud - I expect a solid reliable car after my issues are resolved.

I agree with this. 2 years ago I traded in my MS6, thought the MS3 would be the same inside, took a test ride, returned it after the shortest test ride I’ve even done.

Way too ricey IMO, everything was way to scrupted and angular. Too IN YO FACE, and the quality of the plastics, ect, felt cheap. I guess I’m getting old I dig that audi interior 100x more. My suby does feel cheap to but traditionally laid out.

Idunno, I really like it. Definitely doesn’t seem cheap. Definitely is a little more “boy racer” than “sophisticated businessman”. It’s probably way better than the Evo. Fiancee was with me when I test drove a 2004 STi and said that she didn’t feel comfy at all, and wouldn’t be able to do road trips in it. She felt that from a passenger standpoint, the MS3 was way better than it. The quality of the plastics in this car far exceed most sport compact cars, easily. The buttons on everything are solid, even at the 57k mile mark. All latches work well still. Minimal rattling despite the stiff Koni suspension (aftermarket of course).

I can actually say for once in my life, that I am actually content in my vehicle. I really like change and I always look for something that might be better for me, but price/performance/comfort/reliability is all there for me in this car. It meets my needs really well. I think the A3 probably would too, but I’m a sissy when it comes to reliability reputation. I wouldn’t pay a premium price for a car that I felt may let me down.

I figured out a while ago that the secret to pre-owned lux cars is to own a couple of them so when one is down you can drive the other one… LOL

it’s not a game for everyone, but I’m content to play it until I’m willing to throw more cash at the problem.

Funny you mention that, she complains about it all the time, but I’ve never had a problem, I think it really depends on the driver. I might buy the car from her in a few months so maybe then I’ll spend more time in it and see if it grinds/pops out etc…