McCain's Lobbyist "Friend"

I’ll be voting for Dr. Paul no matter what happens, but if I had to pick from one of the “mainstream” candidates, I’d vote for Obama. McCain’s foreign policy absolutely scares the shit out of me. And Hillary… c’mon. fuck that bitch.

the thing that really piss’s me off is even though IMO I think Obama is the better man for the job… Hes black, i could give two shits, but you know thats going to effect a ass load of votes.

Ugh…I have nothing personal against Clinton or Obama, but anyone that liberal scares the piss out of me. Besides, I couldn’t imagine ever voting for a truly anti-gun candidate (one of the most important issues to me, personally).

there are a few reminders of who you want to be put in office. HOLY SH*T!

I’ll watch em a bit later on…no headphones today and I don’t want to make it obvious that I’m web browsing this early in the day. :wink:

not to jump to the defense of the right, BUT:

World War II was a proper war. We won, our enemies got to the business of straightening their shit back out with our help. End of story.

Iraq has never really been a war; It has been an occupation of a territory that has only (historically) been stable when under a dictatorship. IMO, Iraq can ONLY be fixed by breaking it up, like Yugoslavia, and keeping a UN/US presence for the foreseeable future.

As much as I say we never should have gone to Iraq, I also say we can’t pull out entirely until there is some “normalcy” there.

We have people in Japan 63 years later, so why would McCain’s statement be insane? Also, keep in mind that it’s been taken out of context when it has been reported.

Excellent post.

i just hate to see the situation simplified as it has been.

McCain is a great man. It was his withdrawal in the 2000 Republican primary that prompted me to defect to the Democratic party in the first place. I only agree with about half of his positions, BUT I know he’s more of a realist than most of the members of his party, and has no problems working with my side of the aisle if it’s for the good of the country. The only thing that scares me is that he has done some pandering to the hard right in this election cycle, but I’m pretty confident he would drift back to his default position should he win the presidency.

Having said that, Obama has my vote, 100%.

If it’s McCain v. Hillary, he MIGHT have a chance of swaying me.

This is a stark contrast from the choice we were given four years ago. Last election, we had to choose between a shitty incumbent and one of the most underwhelming Democrats in recent history. We should consider ourselves fortunate this time around.

Unless you’re a conservative. Then you’re fucked.

:slight_smile:

Did you hear all the controversy about Michelle Obama’s comment about her for the first time in her “…adult life being really proud of being an American…”? Seems the Reich-wingers excised the word really from the audio, and is playing it over and over again on their shows (including Fox Noise) to prove that she isn’t a proud American. You can go to CSPAN, however, and hear the actual speech. Poor woman is getting a crash course (literally) in what it means to be a political wife whose husband aspires to the White House. But they’re learning fast!

Clear as anything they are out to get them. The Reich-wing wants Hillary as the Dem candidate, because they’re convinced they can beat her.

Things have really gotten worse for them, now that McCain’s girl friend has been outed. Hypocrisy running rampant again. At least grandpa isn’t gay…

After watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeFVtcdSYY

Most folks don’t associate McCain with any “Reich”-wing (or, the American right-wing for that matter)…but “OK” I guess.

I agree. We should have left immediately after toppling the regime. Not that we should have been there in the first place.

Iraq has never really been a war; It has been an occupation of a territory that has only (historically) been stable when under a dictatorship. IMO, Iraq can ONLY be fixed by breaking it up, like Yugoslavia, and keeping a UN/US presence for the foreseeable future.

I totally agree with them needing to break it up. However, let them do it. Our presence there only makes things worse, IMHO. And even if there is move violence after we leave… I really don’t care. If they choose to blow each other up, what does that really have to do with us?

As much as I say we never should have gone to Iraq, I also say we can’t pull out entirely until there is some “normalcy” there.

We have people in Japan 63 years later, so why would McCain’s statement be insane? Also, keep in mind that it’s been taken out of context when it has been reported.

Because I for one do not want to pay for the security of yet another nation. I want our troops home from Japan, Germany, etc. Just think of how much more money we’d have for your facist Robin Hood entitlement programs if we cut our defense spending by 50%!!!

Association by Party…

War, unless it happens fast and against a proven enemy, is never justified. That we were lied to again and again (and still are) by GWB only makes it worse. That he’s getting away with it is unconscionable.

THAT McCain IS USING IT AS PART OF HIS CAMPAIGN PLATFORM IS JUST DOWNRIGHT OBSCENE. (Smarmy little b------).

i’m not voting for oprah’s puppet boy. he’s gonna get smoked anyway… people will publically say they’d vote for him cause its PC but behind the curtin people’s true colors come out.

Don’t you think if a black guys gets elected there will be riots and celebrations in the ghettos across america? there was tons of tension after OJ got off…the uneducated crimnals that can;t even vote anyway are gonna think they won the Super Bowl.

the choices for President are, once again, the lesser of two evils. Unless you support Ron Paul, in which case you are supporting sound economic and foreign policy, and in favor of getting the government out of your life so you can live it as you see fit.

if i honestly thought paul had a chance i;d vote for him over mccain but like you put it… i gotta vote for the lesser of two evils… a vote for paul would be like not voting… a vote for mccain is a vote against the other. if they changed the voting process to what i’m about to explain i think ur boy paul would win… instead of just voting for someone they should give u a choice… Vote for the canidate you want… or vote against the canidate you don’t like canceling out a vote for him/her/it… i think two major parties would eliminate themselves and open the road for a third canidate to have a stronger chance at winning. it may seem assinine but in a election like that last few we had i’m tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

disband the political parties - more fighting goes on between the parties than good things happening, we are all americans regardless of party association.

You can vote for whoever you want to in the election, it’s just that the 2 major players are all that matters, which is a shame.

:lickmahpu

if people voted their conscience, and didn’t take the “well a vote for him is a wasted vote” train of thought, then Ron Paul WOULD have a chance. Voting for Ron Paul is NOT throwing you vote away. In fact, voting for him would give you more of a voice than if you voted for McCain. A vote for Paul says that you reject all of this bullshit, and the “mainstream” candidates and actually support change. Your vote is supposed to signify who YOU think would be the BEST president. It is not supposed to signify who you think will be the least crappy president among the 2 people that the mainstream patries came up with.

Vote your conscience. Vote Ron Paul.

i guess sometimes you gotta go down with the ship??..meaning paul will loase and i should vote for him knowing that?