Measuring caliper ?

Looking to buy one, I’d like digital but yet don’t want to spend a ton of money. Was looking at one Advanced had, was $30 but don’t remember the brand. Anyone have any ideas on which one to buy and or where to get it, Thanks

just buy one. digital, whatever. they are all the same. unless you are machining close tolerances(which you are not) you dont need some high $ precision tool.

I wasn’t looking to get a high $ one as I said above, just figured I’d ask here before going out and buying one. wasn’t sure if some were junk compared to others, didn’t want to get the one at Advanced if it was gonna be garbage but if that’s the case then I’ll probably just grab that one

get one that reads in/mm or standard. they are all about the same until you get into the professional machinist tools. but they arent bad. i have one, dont recall from where but it does normal tasks without a problem. unless you can read a analog dial gauge, id stay clear of it

Harbor freight has cheap ones, like $10. Not digital, and no fancy dials, just markings on itself. I have one, if you just want to borrow it. Should know where it is :lol

buy a good one and never have to worry about whether its good enough for the job you’re about to use it on.

Lowes has a nice kobalt one. Works great digital and not to expensive

i got one from harbor freight a while back. Its accurate enough for measuring tolerances on small engines…

Yeah I have the advanced one and one from harbor freight… the harbor freight one the battery lasts longer on, and actually feels more sturdy and theoretically more accurate.

You are not building space shuttles, either of the above are more than adequate.

If you don’t need it today I would say order one through MSC Direct, thats where my work orders all of ours from, they are very fairly priced and have many styles to choose from to suit you best.

I was surprised how much I used it when I actually had one around

Thanks for all the info guys, I’m in Albany today so I think I’m gonna check out the Cobalt one, I guess if it feels better (less chinzy) then the Advanced one I’ll just grab it today, Thanks again for the help guys