Mechanical fan wont fit on my sr20

i have a S13 blacktop and i bought a KA24DE fan but it does not seem to fit it hits the crank pulley and the power steering belt. Is the KA fan different? Possible there is a problem with my crank pulley?

i assumed the fans were the same

Well you assumed wrong.

thanks dick

thanks dick[/quote]

Why make the thread.

I bought 24" Escalade rims for my FC3S and they don’t fit under the fender wells.

I assumed they would fit, what should I do?

thanks dick[/quote]

Why make the thread.

I bought 24" Escalade rims for my FC3S and they don’t fit under the fender wells.

I assumed they would fit, what should I do?[/quote]

donk the bitch

i am trying to find out if a KA24DE fan is the same as a SR20DET fan

Well it didn’t fit so i would assume they are different.

See assumptions work in some cases, but not all.

i have a sr fan from a s14

I thought a used a KA fan on a SR20DET before i guess i didn’t the clutch part and the fan are both different. I didn’t just guess they were the same i thought I interchanged the fans between the motors at some point.

They probably look very similar, but I dont think the bolts would match up the same just because they are too different style engines. (sr ka)

number one rule of anything! Never assume! Ive got screwed more times guessing/assuming then a 2$ hookah. Lesson learned.

Its not so much that the bolts match up, because they do line up (I live a block away from dsmaustin so I saw this). The problem was the actual “neck” of the fan assembly wasn’t long enough. After inspecting both a ka and sr engine (he has one of each) it was discovered that the water pump protrudes farther from the ka block than the pump on the sr block (Note: the fan bolts on to the water pump pulley). So the fans are most likely different. He just wanted a confirmation, that’s all.