KA info please

Hey dudebro’s,

I was wondering if a KA-E into an S12 chassis will work, and how hard would it be? Anything need to be custom made? Mounts and driveshaft are all I can think of. Any useful info on this topic will be great.

Thanks!

Dan

SR’s fit into everything. I’ve seen them in S12s and S110s with little or no modifications. SR uses the same mount as KA. You shouldn’t have a problem

But the car is a different length from let’s say an S13, so wouldn’t the driveshaft and exhaust need to be shortened or exteneded by this?

if an sr fits and an sr fits into a 240, then ka fits into sr s12 ka-e.3

Ya but, I’m not talking about engine bay fitment. I’m talking about the drivetrain. Who knows what kind of custom fab goes into that, I’m gonna read up a bit and try to find out.

Thanks boys.

double poster, i would just put a 2.2 ecotec in it, shits ballin

Ahhhhaha edit fwd ftl!

“The CA18DET is indeed the best swap for the S12. The main reason being that it uses the same engine mounts as the CA18ET and bolts right in. The SR20 on the other hand requires a custom driveshaft to be fitted and makes the gear box sit farther back I know because a guy named Ceaser did an SR swap into an S12 and this is what he had to do to get it to work. When my CA18ET goes i’m going CA18DET as it is much cheaper and still has a ton of pontential and makes for an easier swap.”

CA18 turbo is ****en ballin! DO IT! wait a second, you dont have an s12 chassis…

Who knows… I want one.

If you pick the latest S12 up for sale on this board you’ll be saying… When my CA20E dies, but not your CA18ET. You’re looking at the XE… Base model.
Some people turbocharge the CA20E but most acknowledge it’s better to build up a CA18ET block. The CA18DET was never offered in the S12. Only the prior SOHC version CA18ET was offered.
It’s been a while but I’ve seen a site with an S12 that had an SR swapped into it. I’ll look around for it again to see what he’s done.
Without knowing too much you can say it’s a STANDARD CUSTOM SWAP
If the engine was never in there before you USUALLY can expect to get a new driveshaft. Most people take the output spline on the tranny end and the input part on the diff, measure between the two and take it to a driveshaft shop to get it made up. Then they’ll make you a custom one piece driveshaft.
Where the shifter pops out of the tunnel is up to you. You can make it fit in the same spot but you’ll probably have the engine hanging too far forward. The KA and is probably longer than the CA20E. Again, I’m speaking blindly here. I don’t remember seeing that this is a straightforward swap. A lot more custom fab work is involved.
Good luck, I’ll keep you posted.

What I understood from my reading is that a KA will fit no problem, but will require either modification to the shifter hole or you use the C tranny from a CA series engine with a C bellhousing.

I never said the CA18DET came from the factory, people just say it’s easier to swap in than SR20DET, and I like CA better anyways.

CA18DET comment was in response to someone else, not you Big Bird

Better to ask www.club-s12.org
Search the boards there

For example
http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10547
Check SLEEPNS12 ride http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?showuser=34
He has a full KA24DE in his S12

I was on the Classic 200SX egroup forum and watching this site being made a few years back. That was when all the big shots on Club-S12.org used to fight it out on Classic 200SX… which is now owned by Yahoo Groups. Still no website for S110 but this site is where most of the S12 guys unite.

Ys I was there and a few other places… thanks man. And do you even KNOW my name hahaha?

Your Real Name -> No
Your Screen Name -> Osad
Your Alias -> BIG BIRD :R

I don’t like that shade of yellow