KA to CA questions

just picked up my CA today kinda excited…just wonderin for anyone who has done this swap before if their is anything tricky i should look out for…do the ka powersteering lines bolt right up…things like that

sell it and go sr

you will thank me later

haha…thanks for the advice…but i got a good deal i think…it was on kijiji…that ca with a t3/t4 hybrid…got it for 600

forget the SR…build that CA & spank the overrated SR :wink:

CA = RB Inline 4!!

1. Don’t let any one tell you to sell it for an SR…

2. You have to have a KADE powersteering high pressure line. (Only if you have an KAE)

3. I would highly recommend that you completely disassemble the motor and at least do an OEM rebuild of everything. Bearings, seals, gaskets, etc.

4. Replace oil/water pump now.

5. Wiring is almost identical to an SR but does require some other things to be wired in. (PM me for details if you need).

6. Remember that the ECU has no ability to use the cunsult port for small diagnosis issues.

7. The exhaust can be a nightmare, or it can be easy. What are your plans for exhaust? (Manifold, elbow, DP ?)

8 )…If you have any specific questions give me a shout.

Hope this will help you.

yeah don’t ever get an sr, if you sell it for anytihng it better be ka-t or better…

that said. Please rebuild it! mine only had 30km i still blew it up cause it had been sitting so long…

also please get quality management, don’t ever trust an safc… nistune or better imo…

i can wire anything, if you don’t feel confindent, wiring is half my buisiness!

Damn that sounds like an awesome motor!

i agree, crack the motor open and see what kind of condition its in, do an OEM+ rebuild and start it up.