Killed the KA looking into a swap any ideas?

so i killed my KA in my 1990 s-13 put the rod through the block and now im looking for more power.
i have been told about putting in a SR20 or an RB series motor im just looking for anyone out there who has done one of these and has any advice for me and if anyone has any motors for sale.

thanks.

SR20 is Easy, cheap parts, moderate power
RB20 is a bit more work, more power but more expensive parts.

Up to you, both are fairly easy, SR is a direct drop in and change wiring harness.

SR for you!

NO RB!!! STAY AWAY!!

Forgot to say…SEARCH!!!

SR20 = http://www.son240sx.org/forums/search.php?searchid=421361

Eff that. Weld 2 V12’s together, mount seat on roof, call it a day.

:bsflag: Only 2? 4! One for each wheel, drive it with 2 hydrauic switches to steer and THEN, and ONLY then, may you call it a day.

how the hell did u put a rob throug the block in the first place

And the motor battle continues…

RIWORX.com

:/:

Buy my ka!!! Its faster then the sohc!!! Buy it now!

WAY faster! twin cams are unbelievably powerful!

DO IT!:stuck_out_tongue:

I know, Plus it comes with a 5 SPD tranny OMG! BUY

What a DEAL! OMFG!!!

i have a motor coming out from a 96 s14 ?! $200.00 for just the motor

^^ Not as good as mine. No 5 SPD tranny, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. ITS UNREAL! and SUPER FAST

Good luck. I sold my KA motor and trans for 140, 182xxx, 95 S14, great condition. That motor got ridiculous gas mileage, I swear, a Nissan truck topped a lonely Civic and gave birth to that motor, because KA’s shouldn’t be that good on gas.

Also 2nd the RB is poo. It looks ugly under the hood, there’s NO ROOM to work on them, and it feels like a piece of poo in a 240. Where it Is heavy up front it just ruins the handling of a car, and there’s a lot of custom work involved of course. It also cost more $$$ in the end, $$$$ better spent on an SR20, perhaps a V6.

RB’s sound like a squirrel trapped between a far mans butt cheeks at idle. It’s pretty horrendous man.

I sold my 97 with 110kms and an auto tranny for $350 :smiley:

I’ve done it too… rod bearing seizes, rod breaks, goes straight through block? I have no idea either lol