megan ss

just installed the megan ss, feels great imho, WAY better then stock in every way. money well spent.

I basically followed the OBX install writeup on zilvia, however i did in fact have to cut off the Control Lever Bushing and reuse it on the megan. That and the fact i couldn’t figure out how to fit the inner boot back on with the square spacer there everything went well…

http://s91003731.onlinehome.us/meganSSinstall.jpg

i got my screws from homedepot, they are just flat head screws but with lock washers and locktite everything should be good. Just grabbed the part numbers from the previous post so correct me if i’m wrong…

oh yeah if u look closely u can see the where i CUT the lever bushing in order to fit it over the ball of the megan racing ss, also look how worn out my old spignot bushing was! :shock:

is the top threaded for nissan shift knob? cant tell

^^ No its not… Mucho smaller.

Finally got this thing installed.

My Digicam is fubarred so no pics, but I can answer any questions anyone might have.

here’s a model of how all the pieces should come together, hopefully it’s easy enough to undestand:

http://www.drestudios.com/howto/megan.htm

Basically it cost me 14 bux in extra parts and took under 20 minutes (after taking the whole think apart 3 times previously).

This shifter is awesome, absolutely co complaints (except for the fact that the Carbon Fiber sticker on the knob started peeling off after 2 hours, but I don’t care because I put the stock knob on, which threaded perfectly).
The throw is quite shorter than stock and it feels a lot tighter. Shifts very smooth and precise, I’m really impressed with the improvements.

Here’s my impressions so far:

The good:
Shorter throw, tighter gears, an overall pleasure to drive.
Great seller, Varun put up with a lot of stupid questions and was very helpfull.
Bang for buck value: Excellent.

The bad:
No instructions… if you’ve never taken the stock assembly apart before you’re in for some good times.
Waiting for nissan to order the bushings… mine came from Vancouver, took a week.

The ugly:
It’s a messy install, all the parts are covered in oil.

DRE

great post, love the animated diagram.

should help a bit for those people who haven’t taken the assembly apart before.