Megan Racing Short Shifter

I’m just looking for opinions from those who have installed and used this shifter. It’s pretty cheap, and I know the idea of MR is basically good bang for your buck and that’s what I’m looking for.

Opinions please?

it’s a great shifter, just make sure you buy the shifter bushing from nissan, it will totally make it shift different than if you were to use the bushing that comes with the megan racing shifter.

The screws that come with the kit that holds the plate down are too long and they will hit the transmission housing and push the plate up which will give the shifter like 5 mm of up and down play, so just cut them down an ur all good. Well mine was too long, and i know others were having play problems also, so just see for yourself if they are too long then go from there.

it’s a good shifter overall, great for the price; firm, short, no grinding thats about all you need in a SS. And get the bushing from nissan, its called like a spignot bushing or something.

DMIS

Awesome thanks guys. If anyone has a negative opinion I’d like to hear it but everything I can find says it’s a decent shifter except Hurricane and Varun who think it’s a piece of junk. :slight_smile:

who are you getting it from?

doesnt varun sell them, why would he call it a piece of junk?

sarcasm

I dunno, ask Varun :slight_smile:

Ok I pm’d varun for clarification, here is what he is saying:

“it is the best shifter compared to anything else under 150 bucks…but its not as good as the tomei or the c’s or the nismo…
bang for the buck=megan !”