Review on the NEW Megan Racing Short Shifter

Yeah, I give it an A+++++ :smiley:

I want to thank Varun (again) for getting me one, as usual his service is the best around. Thanks man. :wink:

Ok, first the shifter comes as a two piece now but that does NOT effect the performance in any way. This shifter feels much more solid and more percise then the previous one and it was money well spent.

Of course you have to buy the longer bolts, as the ones with the kit are still to short, and I applyed thread lock to the shifter after putting the spacers rings on. Also buy a new shifter bushing from Nissan (it costs like $2.34 or something like that) instead of using the one from the kit. If at all possible, try to remove the stock spacer ring from the old shifter and use it along with the one from the kit.

There is also NO rattling what so ever when you use the stock and kit spacer rings! The stock one goes on the shifter first (flat side facing up) then the kit spacer ring on top of that one. You can then apply thread lock and tighten the shifter as much as you can using your hands only.

Your then free to put it in and trust me, you’ll love it!

Anyway that’s my take on it but I thought I’d just pass the info on.

Take care guys.

Easy 8)

how much… and pics?

Well contact Varun, aka slipperlysilvia, for pricing and as for pic’s I don’t have any because I installed this while I was at work. Varun will have some though I’m sure.

Also for the record, I’m using the one for a 240sx but the same shifter works on ALL KA’s, SR’s and the RB20 tranny’s. I believe it works on the RB25 but it does NOT work on the RB26.

Nice!

I also have a short shifter, it’s in my pants though.

ya, and i wonder why you call it the “Short Shifter” :lol:

just kiddin marky

theres a new one? since when?

good to hear they replaced the piece of crap they used to sell :slight_smile:

i have one and i dont like it at all. in fact, i measured the length of the throw before and after to satisfy my curiosity and it was identical :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s just a little more solid if anything… still sloppy tho, barely an improvement

i hope the new one is better

I would think these are more of a ‘quick throw’ rather then short-thow.

My B&M has pretty much the same travel but a quicker throw because its
spring loaded.

Not sure how these are designed as I would think they make the shifter a
little more stiffer and less sloppier then stock.

it has springs? wtf you talkin aboot

are you sure its identical? my megan short throw shifter does seem shorter…maybe 30%. ive driven stock and one without and i notice a difference. maybe its a lot more tighter and gives the impression its shorter? shrugs