megan ss

Uhhhh dude, that 1" tall Ring is the spacer needed to make it a short shifter you douche…

Your the one installing it wrong…

That ring is what changes the pivot point… :lol:

Congrats you just spend $100 on a Stock Shifter :smiley:

ya wow man thats just stupid. the whole point is to put that collar in. i bet yours fits so nice and snug because you put everything back in without the collar and put the snap rings back in to hold it all down firmly.

bahahahahah

I have the collar in, the OEM ring… OEM bushing… NOOOOO PLAY ON MEGAN SS… i used every piece… and i cut that ring and put it on… my stick has NO PLAY…

WTF :shock:
I just went to see what it would be like with the blue collar in.
I had a silver collar in there before, and I compared the sizes and they were the same.
I put the blue one in anyways, and there was at LEAST 5mm of play and a further throw that the silver collar.
So now i put the silver collar back in and its loose as goose again?
Did i not put the square plate far enough on?

Aschon, Can you do a digital DIY?

i don’t have a digital camera… but if you have the time and im free you can come by my house and i’ll gladly help you?

i brought the megan ss and i finally figured out how to install it correctly. i have no play at all and it’s nice and firm. You do have to use the oem collar by cutting it open so you can snap it on the megan ss. This pervents it from poping up.

1. take everything off
  2. put the oem bush socket in
  3. cut the oem collar and snap it on the end of the megan ss
  4. put the magan ss in, with the new bushiing at the end (make sure it goes in the small little hole
  5. put the blue ring in so it sits on top of the collar
  6. make sure the screws are long enough and screw one of the plate nuts on to the bottom of the blue spacer and make sure the flat side of the plate is on the bottom and than slide the square piece over the shifter (the plate should fit in the slots around the silver circle)
  7. do the same for the other plate
  8. tighten all the screws and put everything back on

9.DONE AND YOU GOT YOURSELF AN AWSOME SHORT THROW SHIFTER!

Aschon, PM me your contact info and addy.
I might come by today if its nice out…
Thanks

Thanks Adam… Turned out it was already good. I just took the OBX collar out and put in the megan one. Tighter and alot better now… :lol:
All done.

OBX Collar out of what?

My tranny (collar=silver ring) exchanged with blue one.

Silver Ring = OBX

Blue Ring = Megan

I’m talking about this piece…

You just used your stock one and it worked fine?

I found that on Eric’s car the stock one was to large for the Smaller
Megan ball and allowd for about 3mm - 5mm of up and down play

Mine is fine…Not really any play…

your all a bunch of noob cannons,

tanabe solid steel bushing is where its at 8)

makes my obx feel like a b&m

where can you get it? and how much?

Ill dish out that $150 bucks when I have a motor that deserves it.

it also has the solid tranny mount and shifter clamper.

makes shifting much more percise and removes all shaking from shifter while reving.

I am about to get one of these megan ones. could someone PLEASE do a digital DIY? …please? :oops:

Official part numbers for 1990 S13:

control lever bushing 32204-V5003

Gear shift spignot bushing - 32861-H7301

Total of $10.10 at willowadale Nissan.

I’m attempting this install tonight, will take pictures.

DRE

finally some people installed it well and realised that for 95 bucks its the best shifter out there…It is far firmer then the obx when installed correctly…i havent used them both for to long myself but atleast 4 or 5 ppl have told me this…

just wondering if you guys had to order the bushings for the shifter, i called most nissans in my area and they dont carry them in stock, i kinda wanted to install mine today too.

would anyone have an extra brand new “gear shifter spignot bushing” they can sell me?