Membership Benefits

How many paid members does SON generally get in a year?

Nevermind, I see how many there are.

41 Including Iquabob as the admin.

Hosting is BY FAR covered by that. If not, it damn well should be. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the post whoring I cant edit my messages here. (Thanks G. hehe j/k)

It’s actually quite funny looking at who the members are.

VERY FEW of the regulars are paid members. bing and family (thats what I like to refer to them as) aren’t anywhere to be found in the list…

… Interesting

I think they caught on that there is no benefits before we did :slight_smile:

read it again bing is on there and he has done so many GB’s at Great prices. If he didn’t pay I would still think he would be able to be member stat.

1. Bing is not on the paid members list, you read it again hehe. I just did and he’s not on there. My ctrl-F can’t find it either so I know I’m right :slight_smile:

2. I’m not trying to put any sort of negativity in bings directly, ESPECIALLY not bing specifically I didn’t mean it like that at all. I apologize to bing for using his name. Also, I believe that IF ANYTHING the people using this site as a resource for their own benefit should be paying the fee - again not trying to say anyone specifically should have to pay - but although bing does bring awesome deals, keep in mind he’s doing it to make money just like the rest of us.

I did a group buy for other peoples benefit already and I’ll never do it again. That Megan Group Buy I did was priced to break even and I thought it was going to be fun - I did benefit from it, I got my coils a bit cheaper than you can normally get them for, but no cheaper than the others who picked them up in the group buy also. If anything, I lost a bit of money because gas and stuff cost more than I thought it would to transport everything, and I’ve also spent a good 50+ hours working on this darn thing and meeting with people individually. With more than 60 people involved in the group buy it gets really complicated.

Anyhow, I just think the whole membership thing needs to be worked on a bit. I really couldn’t care less who pays and who doesn’t regardless of what they use the boards for - I paid to support the cause of the scene. At least we have a decent board to use to get together and whatnot - I’ve met some great people here, that alone was worth the few bucks.

[quote=“Jammin1911”]

1. Bing is not on the paid members list, you read it again hehe. I just did and he’s not on there. My ctrl-F can’t find it either so I know I’m right :slight_smile:

2. I’m not trying to put any sort of negativity in bings directly, ESPECIALLY not bing specifically I didn’t mean it like that at all. I apologize to bing for using his name. Also, I believe that IF ANYTHING the people using this site as a resource for their own benefit should be paying the fee - again not trying to say anyone specifically should have to pay - but although bing does bring awesome deals, keep in mind he’s doing it to make money just like the rest of us.

I did a group buy for other peoples benefit already and I’ll never do it again. That Megan Group Buy I did was priced to break even and I thought it was going to be fun - I did benefit from it, I got my coils a bit cheaper than you can normally get them for, but no cheaper than the others who picked them up in the group buy also. If anything, I lost a bit of money because gas and stuff cost more than I thought it would to transport everything, and I’ve also spent a good 50+ hours working on this darn thing and meeting with people individually. With more than 60 people involved in the group buy it gets really complicated.

Anyhow, I just think the whole membership thing needs to be worked on a bit. I really couldn’t care less who pays and who doesn’t regardless of what they use the boards for - I paid to support the cause of the scene. At least we have a decent board to use to get together and whatnot - I’ve met some great people here, that alone was worth the few bucks.[/quote]

Amen

Hey, what you said sounds a little different than what was explained to me. PM me or come talk to us again about the sponsorship, maybe we can work something out…

:wink:

Last time I was in contact with JRP I was told they do not pay for online
advertising.

The details for sponsorship/affiliate status are here:
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12787

If you’d like to discuss sponsorship of the club please contact me
Andrew@SON240SX.ca

Thanks