About Companies

Hey all,

What do you think that we should if companies want to come on our forum and post things for sale???

There are 3 different kinds of categories sort of: Plain old advertising, sponsoring where they give members a certain percentage off all products, and group buys.

When should we make them pay the NECC? When not? What’s ok?

I was thinking that if they just want to advertise, it should be a fee of like $200 for the year. If they want to sponsor us with a discounted rate, like $100 for the year or free cause they are helping the members out. If they want to post a group buy, they have to be very specific and post it once, and that’s it, and they must email it to the admin first to check to see if it’s ok.

Any ideas, cause we have a few companies that keep on wanting to post in here?

Thanks.

Aaron

I think that an annual fee for advertising is a good idea. I don’t think that sponsors should have to pay at all. It gives them an incentive to sponsor our club, which we might use to increase our membership (like leaving a stack of flyers on Ericksen’s parts counter).

I think that group buys are suspicious. I think you did the right thing by locking that post from Revolution_Motorsports. But then, they could always use a less obvious username, and word their post differently to look like a normal customer posting a group buy. Oh well, not much you can do to prevent that kind of free advertising, unless you say no group buys allowed at all. :frowning:

I re-opened the group buy post, because I wanted some people to give some feedback within it. Just wanted to see what happens. I got an email from Revolution Motorsports and they said sorry and that they did read the forum rules, and thats why they didn’t put anything for sale. They just wanted do a group buy cause they thought that that would be ok.

Anyone else?

Thanks Archie

i agree with archie but i dunno if our club is big enough to get group buys. the product would have to be for everyone and not just for one specific application. also it would have to be a good deal so there woudl be lots of support for them. also advance notice would be better so we could plan ahead for people on budgets

This would be my solution to the sponsorship programs or incentives what ever you want to call them.

There should be 2 levels of sponsors:

1. Level 1 or Major sponsors (Speedworks, Ericksen… etc…)
    Major sponsors are pretty much already set up. Just maintain the amount to be paid annually and there won’t be any problems!! They get more than the minor sponsors. such as their own section on the forum to advertise. And they also should get recognition from our club at events and so forth!!

2. Level 2 or Minor sponsors

minor sponsors would NOT pay annual fees, BUT however would encourage people to join our club (if applicable (Nissan owners)) and/or draw attention to the club. Such as handing out flyers and other paraphernilia. AND most of all give “OFFICIAL” club members discounts. Starting atleast at 10%. These types of sponsors would NOT have their own section on the members section of the forum. Nor any official recognition from the club at events and competitions.

what do ya guys think of that??

Why would they sponsor us if there is no benefit such as advertising and stuff??

[quote=“Nis240”]

Why would they sponsor us if there is no benefit such as advertising and stuff??[/quote]

They’re still making money by sales off of us and the people that we refer to them personally!!

Either way we have to get some other sponsors on board such as:

A Tire/Rims supplier because everyone needs tires or are looking to upgrade their current rims, and i know that alot of places would be willing to sponsor because of the fact that we are a car club with most members members putting particular attention towards “Performance”. A few days before i parked the 240 i got new tires put on and i asked the guy if there were any car club discounts and he knocked off $15 per tire and they had cheaper prices than i found on the internet.

We also need a large parts supplier that can get good prices because they deal with big volume and that can are well established and that can get parts for a good price and in a timely fashon, such as the sponsors on 780tuners or a place like Mopac.

We already have Erickson for Factory parts, Speedworks for installs, Auto Details for Detailing and i think that a parts supplier and tire/wheel supplier would provide our members with pretty much everything they need for their cars.

What about a place like Karbz?? They deal in aftermarket parts and in tires. They order them in, but it might be worth the wait if the discount is right!!

He always has good things to say about Neil (Al’s Auto), he refers people to them. Brad seems like a stand up guy, I haven’t had any problems with them!! Anyone else have any comments on them?? What about Speedworks, he seems to call you a friend Neil, any comments??

I know that they have flyers at their shop for EPC and the civic club so why not? They also have a guy there who has a crazy skyline :smiley:

As i said in the previous post i would like to see a parts supplier get on board that has good prices, is knowledgable and can get parts in a timely fashoin. I have heard a few things about Karbs and went there once but never went back. I prefer to get a part number off the net and go to a well established shop to order parts because they usually have a fair price and get the parts in when they say they will be here. I now usually dont waste my time with small shop and go to a well established place like mopac, or sometimes i even go to Pro Stock that is a well know V8 and muscle car type shop to get some parts such as brake and suspension parts.

Im not saying having a small shop as a sponsor would bad, im saying that we need a reliable shop that is just trying to get your buisness when they say they could get something in fast when they know that they cant. I have heard good things about Apex Modified ,and they seemed to be pretty knowledgable guys when we went for the NECC dyno day, has anyone considered them…

I have heard good things from Apex. Also have had good experience with FulBlown. The prices there are pretty damn good as it is. Any more opinions.

This is off topic, but I have been trying to find a better meeting location, but I havent come up with much that will be relatively cheap. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Such as a quieter restaurant or a boardroom that wont cost us a lot of money each meet.

i have had good experiences with fullblown altho i have found cheaper prices the customer service is excellent. the cheaper prices where only by a little bit so it was not an issue alwasys less then 50 bucks on exhausts

How much do our sponsors pay right now? We should just keep it the same as what they pay. THE MORE SPONSORS THE BETTER!! :slight_smile:

I agree that more sponsors is better, but we have to make sure that we don’t have sponsors that compete directly with each other. It’s not fair to the sponsor who has been with us longer. For example, Speedworks might have an issue with another installer/tuner like Apex Modified coming on board, but maybe not since one is West End and the other is South Side. Probably best to ask them first.

So the services we need/have sponsors for are:

Factory parts and service: Ericksen
Installation and tuning: Speedworks
Custom parts / suspension: Speedworks
Washing / Detailing: Auto Details
Minor body / paint: Auto Details
Aftermarket tinting: Auto Details

Aftermarket parts supplier: Karbz, Apex, Fullblown?
Car audio / alarm: Auto Additions, A&B Sound, SubSerious?
Aftermarket tinting: Auto Additions?
Importation broker: ?
Rims / Tires: ?
Major body / frame: ?
Custom body / interior: ?
Fiberglass / Carbon fiber: ?

Any other suggestions for sponsors or services?

Importation broker:Import concern
Rims / Tires: I have had great customer service and prices from Trail Tire on Fort road

what bout garage works they supply tires, preformans parts,body kits and they will install.
also alarms and starters too.
ive had good experenses with them

go with some place that installs alarms and starters. garage works is an awsome place and i plan to get my alarm installed there as soon as i get some money

Good, everyone has some ideas. So lets talk about this at the meeting.

sounds good as long as the next meeting is indoors