So a new guy wants in...

Hey Members,

Jspecmotors would like to become a sponsor with the NECC and emailed me wondering the costs and what not.

I have a few questions with this:

1. Who is Jspecmotors, and what do they do? I can only assume the obvious, but perhaps they are another importer of JDM cars?
  2. Legit?
  3. How long in existance?
  4. What can this company offer to the club that other sponsors in similar markets can not?
  5. Why not just contact Import Concerns or Typhoon Imports?

I have no clue. I could call them and ask them who they are and what they do.

Like a sneek attack? Haha, sure. lol.

They are actually neighbours of mine, i think they are getting into the car importing buisness. I have talked to them a couple of times and they seem cool and even showed me that Skyline.

…everyone is doing it …hahaha

I am interested in seeing what these guys are doing …

was the car nice Flavio ?

It was actually in really good shape inside and out, the roof didnt even have sun burn or anything. Mind you i saw the car about 4 months ago, then never saw it again till they posted it.

tell them to explain exactly what they do and see what they wanna sponser. its up to you club leader :lol:

maybe they could pay for the upkeep of the site and stuff or discout with or membership cards

Good Idea.

First off, I have already emailed them and asked all of the important questions , oh fearless leadership advisor ;). I know it’s up to me, I’m just being democratic about it and asking the paying members about this, thats why it’s in this forum.

Well, the idea is after some time, there will be many sponsors on board, and the sponsorship fees combined will take care of the webpage costs, the costs of becoming a not-for-profit organization, and eventually being able to hold our own events and what not for the paying members.

As for discounting the membership fees. That would be a big negative as of now. I think that $20 is FAR lower than any other car club for what you get, and then eliminating it would then essential eliminate the title: “NECC Member”, because if it were free, then everyone would be a member and there couldn’t be perks.

Also, this is getting off topic, question was about any relevant info on them?

Have the other importers (Typhoon or IC) ever mentioned to you that they would like to be sponsors? It would be nice to have good guys like them, who attend every meet, to sponsor our site.

Just a question, but what does the $20 membership fee go towards…If we now have 30 members that’s something like $600. And what is the cost of sponsoring necc? Is it a set cost and if so where does that money go towards? There is probably a good explanation I just don’t know it…Just wondering…

Thanks,

Mike

Well, we didn’t ever think that sponsors would jump on so soon, so knowing what to do with the money is difficult say right now.

Without the sponsors, the $20 went towards the cost of stickers, membership cards, and the cost of the webpage stuff. Any money left over at a profit is to be spent on some sort of event for the paying members, be it a party or other idea.

When the sponsors come into play, things get different. Trying to figure out what to charge them and what not is in the works right now, when comparing ourselves to other forums and their costs to sponsor etc.

I’m talking to one other importer right now, but waiting for a positive response. I am definately going to have one of the trusted and known importers on board first, before a new crew.

It will all work out, don’t worry, no one is lining their pockets yet. lol.

Lets try to stay on topic here Mike. You could always post a new thread about “where does N.E.C.C. money go” :wink:

:twisted: (I love moderating) :twisted:

lol

Lets try to stay on topic here Mike. You could always post a new thread about “where does N.E.C.C. money go” :wink:

:twisted: (I love moderating) :twisted:[/quote]

How about you shut your big mouth and eat it… :evil: …good idea though

You can’t eat your own mouth…thats crazy talk

“Where does N.E.C.C. money go” :wink:

It goes in the “shut the fuck up and don’t worry about it aaron mods his car account.” :wink:

oh yeah, btw, jk. :smiley:

We need more smilies.

:shock:

LOL I spit juice all over the screen when I read that. Too funny :lol: