Metals/Welder Guys I need your help! (Hank, Boxersix, etc.)

Just got my new exhaust, and as expected from an eBay product it came to me in not-quite-as-described quality and despite numerous attempts to contact the seller/exhaust manufacturer I’m gauging all of my possibilities here.

So I wanted a nice, clean, free-flowing, light exhaust with burnt tips because I like them and I’m a ricer at heart, well out of those 4 requirements I got 3.5 :sad

As you can see it looks like it was ‘burnt’ by someone with severe mental disabilities…my question is this:

Could I maybe polish this off and burn it in myself with a torch or something? I haven’t tried for fear of the vandor or maunfacturer emailing me back saying send it back to them for an exchange or something.

the exhaust, otherwise, seems great!

TIA

Ben what did I tell you about trying to use your new exhaust pieces to smoke out of :haha

ebay ebay ebay :nod

Polish it off…no. To “re-blue” it you need to rapidly heat the metal to just before it melting point(~1700 degrees in this case) and then rapidly cool it in an oil bath…

Can be done, not sure how it would turn out with tips in that current condition though.

That looks like it was heated unevenly…and in all honesty is how it would look from the real thing

What do you mean the real thing?

The other exhausts they show on the website/other exhausts posted on forums come with uniformly burnt tips with a nice bluing.

Eff it I’ll just throw it on.

Real thing as in when it happens for real out in the race world on big tuned race cars that constantly spit flame out the pipe. Common on short exhaust Porsche turbos… show you some of the Porsche Cup stuff that has that “burnt” look and it sure didn’t roll out of Fabspeed or whatever like that :wink:

The complete blue ring crap is done by electromagnetic heating and cooling at a factory. It’ll never look like that for real as you can’t get that perfect even heating by mere engine flame…

benny are you that gay that you really care what the color of your exhaust pipes looks like, most of which is covered by the valence.

I say install a flame-thrower kit and then you can really burn your tips :banana

step 1. cut off tips
step 2. weld on turndowns
step 3. paint black
step 4. install
step 5. be happy ;D

I don’t care THAT much, but if the fix was as simple as polishing it and re-torching it by hand I would have done it, obviously.

Now that I have my answer though I’m just going to toss it on, just sucks buying a product and not getting what you bought, ya know?

yeah, yeah it was an ebay purchase, cant expect concourse quality.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of ebay, where 1 perfect pictures is the same picture on 100+ adds

Word, I knew it was going to happen, just thought I’d be the exception to the rule.

Bah :idiots

Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont, its like playing russian roulette

1. Send back Ebay exhaust
  2. Buy one from a reputable brand
  3. ???
  4. Profit?

I am going come home from vacation and you are going have my apexi on your bmw

Out of all the reputable brands, right now I’d rather have a full custom single.

looks like you can polish those tips. my vote would be black powdercoat and leave the tips polished…

the “look” I think your going for is the titanium blue color fade… correct?

Do it!! I know a place that is very reasonable.

yeah :sad like my old tips :sad

that’s the only reason I wanted them was to stay somewhat with my old exhaust.

Idk why. ugh should have just got dtm tips :rofl