Meth injection.

Thats awesome. Any benefits on a NA car? Say i dont want to use E85 and buy a snow performance kit?

you cant be as aggressive with tuning with meth as you would be with e85, but the principles are the same for the most part. higher octane, lower iats.

the truck will have a water/meth inj system before mid next yr! lower egts and more power without changing tuning! sounds like a win/win for me god i love diesels!

With meth injection you can keep your gasoline fuel mileage and other fuel system parts. Its cheaper than upgrading fuel pumps, injectors, and fuel lines for E85. Not to mention tuning.

Also see http://www.shift518.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=731640

While we are on topic… Does anyone know if Nitrous and Meth injection would play nice on a otherwise naturally aspirated engine? It sounds like a good idea…

Would be nice to use as an alternative when not using E85. Thanks for the info.

Why not propane injection for the truck?

havent really looked into propane too much way easier to buy windshield washer fluid than to fill a tank with propane… seems safer too…

I had it on the sti and got rid of it. It was the snow performance lit worked great though.

e85 or go masturbate in a truck stop bathroom. /thread

In theory, if one were to run E85 or C16 with a 20+ octane meth injection what would happen?

I have it on the 911, but I’m taking it off due to switching to E85.

If properly setup, it can be great. You need to be tuned for it in order to really take advantage of possible power gains, but at that point is where it can get dangerous as instead of using it as a supplement to your power in order to keep temps down, you’re now relying on it to keep your power up. Another problem is that there’s no real guarantee that each cylinder will be getting an equal amount of the meth unless you’re doing a direct port injection which is $$$. For cooling, I’d recommend it. For power, not so much as it can be way too risky. It depends on where you have the injection nozzle(s) mounted (if not direct-port), and then how well it’ll atomize with your intake charge.

I’m selling an Aquamist HSF-1 kit if you’re interested. Depending on an offer, I can throw in two unused 5gal cans of VP methanol too.

You’d have greater knock resistance, thus the ability to run more timing and/or boost if your cylinders can take it.

Meth and Ethanol both have pretty similar octane numbers, adding Meth to high octane fuel will not increase your knock resistance. The water portion of it can lower cylinder temperatures, but e85 already carries a small amount of water due to being hygroscopic in nature.

If you need the extra fuel it will help in that department, thats it.

Im gonna run E85 and spike it with 20% nitro methane. Win.

Only PUSSIES run nitro meth.

• Dominic Toretto

Well, thanks for the help and knowledge everyone. Looking into a few different things now with my tooner.