racegas

I being hearing rumours of racegas being banned hear in canada… i think its something about all UNLEADED fuel, (c16,q16) etc.is this really so…if thats the case i think we will be limited to 109 leaded race fuel which does not come close to the above mention fuels octane wise.
has any1 else heard of this.? this would really suck if its true.!!!

they’ve been trying for years, buy a tank and slip gas delivery companies extra they can get you what you need regardless

in house gas pump… now thats pimped.

From my little Google search the focus seems to be on leaded race fuels.

just use avgas aka 100LL 100octane low lead

Run water/meth injection, up the boost, fuck bitches.

Out of curiosity how much do average->high end water/meth systems cost? And is it true the equate to 116 octane range?

Haven’t researched putting it into an S-chassis, but you can get an effective system as an add on for under a grand for most applications. You will need to re-tune for it though, and ideally have two settings, one for if you run out, so you don’t go boom.
A lot of people think of it as a big power kinda thing, but I think it’s a very effective and inexpensive way to add reliability to your car, because there’s a very significant cooling effect too, not just the higher octane.

That’s pretty cool, I’ve always heard about these and just like you said leaned towards the cooling aspect and not the crazy power #'s

I’m convinced meth is to turning as AWD is to winter driving.

Makes owners overconfident and you end up breaking shit… =D

meth is like driving with fake insurance… it only works til it catches up to you. i wouldnt rely on it 100%. you just never know when it can fail and there goes ur motor… especially if you are running it for the “higher octane” effect and running high boost.

race gas is legit insurance,its in the tank so it cant fail!
the kind of boost i want to run this year i will need racegas,so i will have to find some underground source:)

As far as I have ever heard it is still about the Lead in the race gas, not the race gas. Till about the 80’s, lead was put in the fuel as a lubricant to keep the exhaust valves from burning. Converting older style cyl heads (60’s - 70’s) to run with no lead means installing ‘exhaust valve seat inserts’ in the old style heads.

Believe it or not, when they made the switch over to unleaded you could buy a gas tank additive that was ‘Lead in a can’ so you didn’t have to tear off your heads and get them upgraded - LoL. But it was all carburated cars back then and getting a valve job done was pretty common (poorer fuel control so more crap built up on the valve stems n seals), so eventually people got the heads upgraded when the head work was done if the car was still worth it.

Early 90’s race fuel info bout no lead: http://www.proracingfuels.com/mission.html

2008 info bout no lead race fuels: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-235993.html

Seems to be all about the lead still, not the gas.

Exactly. You aren’t gonna have to smuggle race gas across the border on race boats anytime soon.