Methyl Alcohol???

Anyone know where i can get methyl alcohol at? i need it for my alcohol injection. Someone told me where to get it at one day over the summer but i forget where at.

why dont you just use windshield wiper fluid?

Use windshield wiper fluid, and add two yellow bottles of heet. you can mix it the same as boost juice. for way less

yep! the super cold rated stuff is 50% methyl i do believe. Thats what i’m gonna use

http://www.purvisbros.com/

Purvis Brothers on Valencia road in Mars.

P.S. - washer fluid will turn your engine blue.

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=3
Boost juice by 4 gallons

I guess it will turn your motor red tho :slight_smile:

trust me, washer fluid has ruined many liquid injection systems. Aside from the blue dye dying your TB and intake blue. the detergents clog the nozzle, and occasionally the pump.

It depends on the brand of wiper fluid and what chemicals are in them. Check the MSDS data sheets for chemical makeup. A good -20 degree or better wiper fluid is great alternative to pure mixed methanol/water concentrations. Many guys use it for mild boost and have no problems. Most good winter washer fluids are just water and methanol anyway. Alcohol Injection Systems recommends wiper fluid as a suitable fluid as long as its -20 degree rated or better for more meth concentrations and you check the MSDS sheets for composition

Meth injection is really popular among Mr2’s since there mid engine cars, but I have never heard of anyone having this happen to them.

they don’t run long enough to find out

why does mid-engine play a role??? i don’t understand the coorelation?

x2 on purvis

haha, well the problem with mid engine as oppososed to a normal car, would be the flow to the intercooler… unfortunately if you would see where a mr2 intercooler was its in a pretty shitty location, so the intake temperature tends to get pretty warm, by water injection right there on the charge piping tends to lower intake temp and richen it out a bit.

so it was toyota’s engineering that sucks… and has nothing to really do with mid-engine vs front or rear… oh ok :smiley:

I run Peak -20 Washer Fluid … and I add 3 bottles of HEET to every gallon of washer fluid (I have a 7-Gal. Tank) which makes my mixture around 50/50 water/methonal

I run peak -20 washer fluid, the msds says that it is water and less than 30% meth, So I add 2 bottles of heet 98% meth according to the MSDS, to what I take out of a gallon, it works well and is less expensive than boost juice.

detergents clog the nozzle

Check the MSDS and this won’t happen, obviously don’t use anything with bug remover or any other additives. Peak -20 and heet is a safe way to roll.

Exactly … I am spraying 1625ml starting at 25psi to 64psi of boost without any issues