Need methanol

I need a few gallons of methanol to finish up tuning this Evo. I blew through 5 gallons here and don’t ahve any more left at the shop. Synapse is out.

Anyone have some VP M1 or compatible pure methanol??? Evo has maybe 1-2 pulls worth in the fuel cell.

Cash in hand :slight_smile:

Thanks

sully93vr4 is you’re guy to talk too!

:nod

Not sure how quick you need it, but I ordered that one I gave you from a guy in Clifton Park. He is a VP dealer. $42 for a 5 gallon drum, and it arrived in like 3 days. Other than that the last drum I gave you came from Progressive Motorsports here in Hudson Falls. They charged a little more, something like $48 for 5 gallon, but you pay per gallon so you can buy only what you need. Oh and they have it on site. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike, I’ll give them a call Monday :slight_smile:

theres a place i always buy my methanol from across freemans bridge rd in schenectady at the light u take a left and its right on maxon rd its on the corner.
Schenectady, NY
Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=schenectady+ny&sll=42.423457,-72.421875&sspn=30.293622,66.621094&ie=UTF8&ll=42.829102,-73.927249&spn=0.003494,0.008132&t=h&z=17>

whats wrong with wiper fluid?

I needed Methanol as in 100% methanol like VP M1. Washer fluid is nowhere near the concentration required, which sometime contains a diluted amount of methanol per gallon volume. This Evo has a five gallon fuel cell for methanol injection, run 3:1 ratio(meth to water) to control detonation when running 33-35lbs of boost.

Progressive had some, bought a couple gallons to finish the job here, thanks for the tip Mike!!!

-Adam

also washer fluid can have a variance of meth in it anywhere from 15%-45%… thats not good enough to run for me, plus a nightmare to tune

heet in the yellow bottle and some diluted water is awesome for a 50-50 mixture of meth and water

your job kicks fucking ass

LOLZ

Well i know a lot of guys use wiper fluid for lower boost applications but how do you know each bottle differs from 15-45%? I was actually planning on installing a cheap snow kit next year so i was just wondering. thanks

you should pump some c16 in the gtp. see where it takes it.

my old garage use to have VP M1 all over… too many Evo’s at my old place. they ate meth for breakfast lunch and dinner

Yeah, same here. I try to keep 10 gallons or so at all times but the stuff just disappears as fast as I order it in these days. I did order 20 gallons last friday but it won’t be here for at least a couple more days. I’m sure it’ll be gone by mid Dec :lol

Consistency isn’t the best with wiper fluid and you really can’t tune it to the fullest potential of the injection system with it. Without testing each bottle, you never truely know. Big thing is if you can’t keep an injection system consistent, then it’s not really of any benefit to you and your tune. VP M1 is actually fairly priced…you can typically buy a 5 gallon drum for around $30-35, and the benefits from running a consistent methanol/water mix far outweigh the added cost over washer fluid :slight_smile:

I like running 3:1 ratio in most street cars, 75% if I’m getting ancy(Evo MR was 75% on the last mix) Most injection systems are only rated at a 50/50 mix max(due to corrosion properties of methanol) so just be careful with that. Methanol and aluminum don’t mix well when in constant contact, like in an aluminum fuel cell.

And just a little tip…The Labonte kits I like using, and AquaMist setups, hold well with the stronger concentrated mixes fi you’re going that route. SNOW Performance used to buy the parts from Labonte to make their kits. I’m not sure exactly what they do now, but their controllers still utilize many similar components. Labonte is a little pricier, but the smaller available components like anti syphon and EBCS cut solenoids are of better quality IMO(Stainless valve bodies VS plastic, PTFE sealing vs rubber, etc, etc) I’m installing a Labonte kit on a newer GTi here tomorrow, I’ll take pics of it for ya so you can see the similarities :slight_smile:

we always kept 10 gallons around, and once a 5 gallon was emptied we would order another

what is it, a 1.8t? or an mk5? regardless, i’d like to see how it turns out.

I got about 2 gallons if you want it :slight_smile:

Much appreciated thanks, but the car is already back to it’s owner in Mass. Hate to see it leave, but It’ll be back again for more work in the future. I’ll bring it around then :slight_smile:

2007 FSI. GT28RS, S3 pump/injectors, Syncronic DV, made a 3" exhaust for it, Labonte methanol injection. Simple stuff like that :slight_smile: I’ll make a thread in the “rides” section maybe Friday, after it’s complete and I take a few pictures.

Ohh this reminds me of something I need…off to new WTB post…

woah woah woah, is this car black and from the rotterdam area? my buddy told he talked to a guy with a BT mk5 gti.

how come he didn’t just get the apr HPFP rebuild kit along with the “KMDtuning” injectors which infact are B7 RS4 injectors…
i’m not sure if he will have enough fuel with the s3 pump and injectors to be honest… what software is he going with? what kind of hardware kit does he have? atp? sorry for all the questions but BT 2.0tfsi i likeee :excited