Miata heaters pics..... anyone want to take some?

Are you the one with the turbo Miata on Bear Ridge? Saw you rip it up while I was cleaning out the gutters on my house a couple weekends ago. Sounded great!

Gave him some parts off my car and he did a solid 1-2 heater out front.
I was ok with it.

To 91MR2:

I know I’m new here and all but I have to agree. You told sexiiii shawn that he had a horrible first post and you scared him away. That was a bit harsh.

Love heaters, sweet 454 burn outs!

Lol I thought so. Maybe I’m different from most people here but when I think of burnouts, the first thing I think of is a big block.

burnouts are only cool when the cars doing them are cool, or atleast have high power

newmans car doing a heater = cool.
V6 mustang doing a heater = uncool

however certain situations also factor in…

newmans car doing a heater at a public meet spot without a legal designated “heater” area = uncool
V6 mustang doing a heater at a redlight which happens to be driven by an 89 year old man missing all of his teeth, but dammit he’ll do 1 more heater before he dies = cool

Thanks!

hahaha, that was provoked by Drew.

E85 is in the car again finally. Was able to burn off 4 gallons in about 2 hours :smiley: I forgot how much harder the car pulls with the e85 tune. It has been a couple weeks. Weather is looking good for this weekend but I’m not switching tires till after next weekend. I really don’t care when this happens…

Wow, where do I begin?

I feel like a lot of people aren’t getting where I’m coming from, but that’s fine…I’ll just leave it all alone, and we can all move on, sound good?

Fadetoblack, tell sexy shawn I meant nothing harsh…the internet can be tough to decipher real meanings of things…

Anyways, I’m off to NY tomorrow, getting married this w/e, you guys have a great w/e.

Subtle bragging thread… :wink: jk lol, good luck Joe!

Actually, I do know what you’re speaking of, for I too have noticed it in the recent past just never cared enough to mention it. Whatever, heaters have always been cool, just trendy again now (on nyspeed) that a select few have re-popularized (is that a word?) it.

here is a pic of me doing a burnout in a car i didnt own, in front of an apartment i dont live at anymore, it about 3 am, about 4 years ago. like a boss

I don’t know the guy personally, it just sort of struck me because that thread got locked and you replied back to him on his intro thread. lol Congrats man btw.

BURNOUTS

Old Car-Redneck 6 Speed Linelock with 3 ft in front of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOQFUfNcNKw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

New Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCF46vSHtY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I seriously need to see what 300+hp feels like in a miata.

I know exactly where you’re coming from man… I’m getting married in a little over a month. Give the man a break people!

Love the fact that you did it in your garage!

I was thinking of installing some sort of linelock in my car.

Me first! I’m still doing my reading on upping the boost. Not sure if the only thing I need to do is add more fuel in the boost cells, or if there is more too it. Table is already set up to handle 18lbs.

x2

I can’t take any good pictures for you, but can I come to hang out and see cool heaters from a fast miata?

This won’t be happening anytime soon lol. While I was street tunning, I thought I popped the motor. It seems as tho something flew off the clutch or flywheel and is bouncing around in there. On the 990 right now waiting for a tow so I can get the car home to asses the situation. Don’t want to take any chances driving it home.

Yikes. Curious as to what grenaded.

Nothing grenaded lol, pilot bearing slipped out of place. Upon further inspection of the clutch it appears it needs replaced. It is warn down to the rivets and both surfaces on flywheel and pressure plate are grooved up a bit. Probably going to go with a clutch/lightweight flywheel combo so car will be down till that comes in.