Miata won't run...

No the bypass is still there…But maybe it is fucked up…
Hammer time.
The elbow is the just because I have no stock tube and my current intake setup has the same form and function as stock

whats exactly done to this motor?

try temporarily rigging the bypass valve open, zip-ties work great for this

stock.
only my ghetto intake

oops nevermind my comments then, when you said JR intake I assumed you had the whole jrsc kit in the car

not sure how i could help would have to mess with the car myself but it still sound like you have a bad vac leak or bad vaf both will make the car stall out and not want to idle

ok once again , where the car? it would take me a matter of a few minute to tell ya whats bad… my guess is if ya open up the vane air meter, the traces on the board are burnt… it sounds like what mine does if any trace of water touchs the board.,… actually hit a puddle the other day, got water on it froze over night…

I know my lack of input has been staggering but I have this tendency to work 16 hour shifts.
New maf shows up tues.
I am free wens and thurs and that is when time and money will be thrown at it.
anyone that knows more about miatas than me is welcome to help :smiley:

I’ll even pay ya.

the bastard child lives.

may the abuse continue.

so what was the problem?

x2 Little update would be nice…

Jeller

<3

Orignal AFM was flat out fucked up.
Pulled it apart had a loose wire and one broken point
RX7 AFM the flapper spring was very tight. Tiny miata motor could only move the flapper above 2000 rpms…
Loosened it up and fixed the connections on the other maf.
Now both work.
:smiley:

got any other spairs ,i need another one…

Well the original one isn’t perfect by any means.
RX7 one :shrug: Ebay part
And I have another showing up tomorrow
I would have to get one of these working flawlessly then part with one but I’ll let you know

might not want to mess with the spring on the vaf to much it changes your a/f readings

the spring is for a/f. the position of the feelers on the board , adjusts pulse width… get the spring where ya want it then add or reduce with the other peice more volts is higher , less is lower…