Microsoft Mojave

I like that idea. I have a copy of Server 2k3 that I haven’t really messed with since I got it.

These people are typical consumers, most people that ask me about vista have never used it, but heard it sucks.

While I thought at first it sucked, and I refused to use it… When I built my new machine, I installed Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit to take advantage of my 8GB of RAM.

and I am quite impressed at how well it runs compared to running it on my old athlon 64 3000+ a year or 2 ago.

No Swapfile ftmfw.

lol i did that on this fucken awesome computer i built then decided to make into a FTP server after put more hard drives into it. It really wasn’t too bad. Yet lol now its not taking advantage of my 8GB of ram when being used as a FTP server lol.

what the fuck are these people talking about?

“this is a dream! it can do everything I could ever imagine! OMG ITS SO INCREDIBLE!!!”

:ugh:

What the fuck can Vista do that XP couldnt? The only thing the average consumer will notice is the slicker UI. :hsugh:

http://www.win2008workstation.com

If you have a copy of Server 2008, you can do the same. And I must say, it’s immensely impressive. Server 2008 is a real screamer, and really lightweight. I’m surprised it’s running on the same kernal as Vista.

Burn DVD’s. :smiley:

holy groundbreaking technology batman!

Why???

I have vista enterprise on my laptop for work. It is a Pentium M 1.8ghz with 1.5GB of RAM. Vista runs much faster than XP on the same hardware. The sleep and suspend is a lot more reliable with Vista, I haven’t had to shutdown and restart vista for over a month now. XP would need a restart every other day or it would become very slow.

I like Vista much better than XP. But I do think XP will be looked at as the best OS Microsoft has to date (and that is saying something because Windows 98SE was great).

Maybe it’s just the computer geek in me, but I like having the newest OS out there.

The people hating on Vista seem to be people who are afraid or just too damn stupid to learn anything else.

I’ve had it pretty much since it came out. Besides compatibilty problems with drivers and shit like that, I cannot for the life of me figure out what everyone bitches about. Sounds like people are blaming M$ for the imperfections of the 3rd party software they try to run on it. Although when M$ Office 07 first came out, it was buggy as all hell. You’d write out a whole e-mail then try to send it and INSTACRASH.

I have had very little problems with Vista. Given, I use my computer for the internet/e-mail, and when I’m at school I use it to do school work. I’ve had very little problem with it so far.