Veesta

Anyone dual boot Vista/XP?

I’d like to try Vista out without the nuisance of destroying my currently fine XP install. I’ve got a spare HD, I could always do it that way, but thats a pain in the arse.

Isn’t there a way to try it free for 30 days too?

yes u can dual boot vista

yes, works fine… parition magic and your ready to go

let me make it easy. YOU DONT WANT VISTA. ive been running it from the release date and I hate it.

but ya partion and you should be fine.

Will work just fine, welcome to the land of ME 2.0

^^Is that supposed to make him want vista?

i wouldnt go as far as ME2.0 because ME was just horrible, its just that vista is so different that everyone hates it, because noone likes change.

give it 1 year and i bet everyone will be using it and have no problems with it

I do agree in one year everyone will be using it as will I possibly. And I was for awhile too, but most of the stuff I like to use has some compatibility problem or another. For me it was like a flash black of ME minus the blue screens.

i think vista is perfectly fine, i have been using it since december last year… for a MS OS release it is very stable early on.

Im running dual boot, i havent booted XP on my work computer in months. at home all I have is Vista, no issues really, and def looks nicer than xp

+1. My only concern were the wireless driveres with my laptop but as of April 14th they were released from Dell, so now everything fine. :shrug: alot things are different and most people just don’t like change.

claps excellent review of vista would read again…

If you really want to dual boot… using partion magic, CAN fuck up, and you CAN lose files, Just remember thats a risk. I’ve never had a problem with it… but its not perfect.

see the good thing about dual boot is you can test vista and see what its like and if you like it. all the while keeping your XP install just incase.

Yeah I dual booted XP/vista for a little on 2 seperate HDs…then I just wiped XP and went with the Vista, it is fine. No real problems except the PIA of reinstalling all my little programs and what not

Vista blows…I had NUMEROUS compatibility issues with programs and drivers when I tried it. Also, it adds NO functionality what-so-ever over Windows XP, and requires extra system resources to make it “look pretty” All Microsoft did, is slap some lipstick on the same old pig and call it new… and charge you more money for it. I couldn’t even get it to install on a couple PCs at the shop…

:tup:

Yep Clearly thats all they did

WIndows Vista New or improved Features

if u wanna try vista out just install VMWare. its a shitload easier then partitioning a drive, and u dont have to reboot to use it.

i seriously cant beleive nobody has suggested that. The days of dual-boot is over. virtual machines is where its at

Ugh I wonder how much hardware you need to run VMware and Vista decently fast.

with minumal visual effects on it shouldnt be too bad, though i havent tried it. but walter just built a pretty deisel computer so i assume it could handle it

you don’t need anything super to run vista on vmware…