Microsoft Turns 180 on Vista Licensing

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35512

Hope this is true, they were really kicking the pc builders in the nuts with what they were doing.

I still want a mac mini anyways.

some one fill me in on y everyone is so excited about vista?

we aren’t. we’re excited to watch Microsoft flail about aimlessly and grasp desperately at the business they are losing to Macs and open-source (Linux / BSD) with these pathetic protectionist business tactics.

I re-install windows like once a year, good thing they are not going through with it

window previews, linux type of security(admin)varification, improved(minimized) start menu, DirectX10, a nicer feeling interface, instant search(index’d), can recognize more memory, better kernal, and more than likely, better “next generation” hardware support (look at how 98 support sort of fizzled out once XP was introduced)… just to name a few

a little more in depth here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/features/default.mspx

have you used it yet?

I can’t wait for DX10 personally… gonna build a vista powerhouse machine once it’s released

:word: havent you seen the commercials? Mac’s are so hip. You don’t want to be that dull PC guy with 3 mouse buttons and actual software available (who needs that?)

my mac gets me t3h pu$$y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg7Xh0m_Oco

oh, and open source OS’s like linux, while nice… will NEVER be on that same level… atleast until they make it more user firendly. it took me 3 fing days to change my screen refresh rate in Ubuntu lol… unreal. You practically have to master the counsol to do anything/add anything more than whats packaged with the vanilla version

^ROFLMAO

yep that flustered my undercarriage

ugh… so why are we talking about mac’s again… so dmoffit (the smug asshole) can prove that his mac is better than any pc.

THIS IS ABOUT LICENSING!!! not fucking MACS.

i wish you would just admit that windows is far superior

god i can’t wait for his response >_<

moffitts gonna rip you up on that one… i just bought a mac laptop, i love it…

thats cool… nothing wrong with mac’s IMO, they have their place and could actually do alot better if Apple got their shit together and actually tried to go toe to toe with microsoft (beat them at their own game?). Especially in the aftermarket software/gaming area

moffitts gonna rip you up on that one…

oh noes1111!!!11one :stuck_out_tongue:

:poke: I would like to see facts/stats to back up these statements you’ve made.

they are starting to lose ground… it was so lopsided like >95% windows, now its like 90%

especially with open office (MS office open source competitor)* gaining ground and popularity, its making it much much easier for people to not have windows.

edit: I could see something like this to just be free marketing for vista…

also i’m kind of curious what this world would be like if everything was open source and everyone worked towards a common goal

• yes i know most of you know what Open Office is… some people just curious about vista might wanna know

i work on macs at Fisher price, and they break just as much as pcs, and these are top of the line g5’s, dual processors, 4 gig of ram, etc…

so yeah while macs are a better option for photo, animation projects, they still break just as much as pcs.

lol WOWWWWW, do you ever think b4 you speak?

Again, as i told you many times before. only reason Mac is still in business is the ipod, and you know that. I am a web designer/graphic designer and guess what i use…

Your hands and a mouse?

Grasp desperately at a minimum of 90% market share. Yeah, sounds good to me.

The only reason people(average people) buy macs is b/c they buy into all that “no viruses” crap that the salespeople/tv ad’s say.

Here, this sums it up:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060513.jpg

HAHHAHA… :rofl:

ahahahahaha. nice sketches.

mac = emo

Yea Linux and BSD are just taking off on home users computers :bloated:

open source will never take over computing. the reason for that is support. i know theres tons of forum support and stuff. but drivers are a huge issue there. then theres the fact that no companies make any software for em cause its pointless since they wont make money. then theres the fact that when it breaks, theres no 800 number to call.

i love linux just as much as the next geek. but its not going anywhere