Mikes 89 honda prelude, project "skylude"

…in other news…WTF is that dusty pile of shit? Please tell me that black magic #77 has never seen deplorable conditions like that…

ty habib, the kids original idea was to mount the headlights back in the core support, that’s why he was planning on the civic lights, but i don’t want them back in there because first it would look like an 80s camero, and second, i’d have to relocate the battery to the trunk. And the bottom of the bumper, i was actually thinking of raising up a bit because it’s only like 2 inches off the ground. I was planning on cutting holes in the front and mounting the actual prelude turn signals in. There’s going to be a bunch of fabbing and trial and error, that’s for sure.

haha, that was from a year or two ago when the car was getting the motor rebuilt while sitting at McB’s old shop. Also did a host of other upgrades to the suspension and stuff, it was about at that point I was able to really piss people off with the car :wink:

In for updates! How is this project going after having all winter to work the bugs out?

man oh man, I dont even know where to start, but its not my car. I like seeing ambitious projects though, but damn, when did that car hit the scrapmetal/ bondo/ wtf truck?

I like looking at the pics of the building of this skylude. keep it up, finish it with your ideas and making it the way you want I want to see it finished

Currently: huge fail

Before long: hopefully something really descent

That has the potential to be really cool. But right now it just looks like a pile of shit. Good luck with it. keep us updated.