Mike's Sol

Is that an a2 or a z1?

k24a2

Were did you order the motor from so i can put it on my list of never order fom these douch bags…haha:retardclap

it was purchased used from K20a.org

I wish I took pictures of my motor when I shipped it to the buyer, it was perfect in every way and nothing could possibly go wrong during shipping.

Ah well, he tried! hahah. Good luck with it… can’t believe you’re going turbo

not immediately, but eventually. I love the big power you can make with NA, but it really hinders the long term plan of insane power when you have super high compression.

but I’m still kind’ve going back and forth on the idea.

I see, what’s the eta on this?

I’m going to get the motor in the car in the next month, probably another month to tweak everything and get it together, and then drive it until the snow hits in its current NA form. Depending on how the rest of the setup feels and how much work (money) it requires, I may start collecting/building turbo bits for it early next spring.

start saving up for a good transmission or several stock trannys

yep. I’m curious as to what synapse has to say about the issue. build one or get a pile of them.

I guess it just depends whether you dont mind doing the work when they break. Im always changing my mind about what I wanna do to my car but Im looking into doing an hta 35r and if I had the money I would deff get the 1-4 ppg synchro gear set so that I wouldnt have to be worried about blowin trannys all the time

is that the issue everyone has? just syncros? I haven’t looked into it yet

nahhh… 3rd gears the biggest problem. Ppg has synchro straight gear sets and dog engagement… the synchro straight gear sets cheaper. The k series gears are just weak in general

http://www.clubrsx.com/browse/cr/?fMake=Acura+RSX&fCategory=Transmission&fManufacturer=PPG&universal=yes&search=&limit=30

Second is the real problem. Ep3/base trannys are the strongest or the k’s. This things gonna be legit.

Mike this is extra-awesome. I want a ride in this thing :excited

so the 5 speed with out the lsd. I guess either way I’m going to have to build it.

Some more pictures and a few more things to add to the “wtf were they thinking pile”

I’m really confused about this, can someone explain?

looks like the paint jasper puts on their engines on the that k… looks terrible need to strip and repaint with a good cast silver or leave it bare.

DUKE LADUKE was the previous owner of that motor, apparently.

Not trying to be a dick, but this is a common thing when buying from forums especially hondas, there is always surprises and disappointments. We purchase bone stock engines from salvage yards because it’s generally worry free. Too many times we have gotten burned from seemingly reputable people with missing parts, poor workmanship, stripped bolts and misc damage. Obviously this is not always the case, but it happens a lot.

As far as trannys go, they are weak and high maintenance for sure. Aside from aftermarket gear sets there is no magic in making them last. Two things that do help is to run redline shockproof oil and don’t over clutch the car. The synchros should be fresh if running anything heavier then oem mtf. 4th gear is thin and doesn’t usually last too long.