Mike's Sol

If I owned it I’d be all over it, but since I don’t I don’t want to touch any of it.

fitment of the first frame insert is tits. All the work on the 15 cardboard templates I went through really paid off.

Keep up the great work here. Im eager to see the finished product.

find what that 30 amp powers and you should be good to go…

Its going to be a good weekend

Perfect timing for this to show up today:

Yeah, i bought a box of 50 or the 1/8 size for panel riveting. cleco’s FTW

Muhahahahaha (added evil laugh)

Just realized its been 6 years since I’ve tigged last. LOL Got my settings all dialed in and I’m all ready to go, unfortunately stripping the paint which I thought would take 2-3 more hours is getting nowhere.

wirebrushes on my grinder and drill, flap discs, and some sandpaper… the factory coating does NOT want to come up easily.

Pictures:

Some of the paint/coating stripped where spot welds will be.

Frame rails stripped/cleaned

Wiped down

More supplies ready to go

Just read through your tread. Cool car and props for having the balls to chop up such a nice car for the project.

Thanks, it wasn’t easy to cut into her for the first time.

I’ll have some updates tonight. I used the clekos to hold the frame inserts in place and started tacking them.

ready to go with one side

Santa dropped off some more supplies for me today:

cut del sol shell off, put on mustang chassis /thread

too easy :lol

But I’m curious, do people think I can’t pull this off? why?

I think you got dis.

I enjoy looking at this build thread… mainly cuz its not about some bunk ass movie mustang.

I have faith this will get done. I think ever since that fateful day that your sol tried to kill my Z’s window, I have liked it lol

You have shit fabricators hired to do the hard work. It’ll never get done :ohnoes

its hard to be different with a honda, but your deffly got something different here, what are you gunna do with the front engine bay, frunk? and how well do you think it will handle?