Mike's Sol

did you find out about the powder coat? I’m a bit concerned that once I slap the trailing arms on the car it may be put in storage for 2 years. I don’t want the fancy new parts to rust. :frowning:

I have to go to powdertec this week, probably tues.

cool. give me a call when they give you a price. Also, did you get a measurement for the offset of the LCA mounting point on the trailing arms from the old to new arm?

No but I can quite easily. Will do, just have to go grab one of the rear DS t-arm section again and bolt it to the jig.

thanks again.

…LOL at this whole page of the thread.

still can’t believe this build

Hope to see you finish before you have to leave. Looks to be going well definitely.

u gona do any stEEt racin with dis?

hard parkin at the lot only! :vlad

Top piece would extend from strut tower to strut tower.

The Exhaust would pass underneath this floor.

Floor would be bead rolled for support, spot welded into place with seam welder covering the seams.

First mockup of an engine mount.

Size hasn’t been figured out quite yet, I’m going to have to get the engine back into place to get measurements. Just checking how I like the design right now.

Starting the plan for the subframe.

still working on the mount, although the suspension and a final mock up will be required before I can nail down all the dimensions.

As for the subframe support, moving forward from the cardboard template which allowed me to measure the angles I needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Mafdark/Project/subframesupport.jpg

mmm solid work, in solid works. :slight_smile:

Solid mounts or bushing?

solid urethane bushings from the hybrid racing kit. Obviously I’m only using the engine side of the mounts

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/e/g/egmk01.jpg

some more pieces to the subframe puzzle.

Ummmm: weldments - structural members…

Are you making it out of DOM or chromo?

DOM, I had adam order a bunch extra when we he bent up the radiator support for me.

a couple more pictures of one more engine mockup now that the frame rail inserts are welded in place

no doubt that it’s a tight squeeze

all in all, looks pretty good.

atleast the exhaust will be an easy shot out the back! :slight_smile:

that’s the plan

an here’s a plan coming together

still short 1 shock. fucking ebay bastards.

still trying to decide how I will tie the support into the subframe. option 1 is multiple plates welded in perpendicular to the bar. option 2 is two gusseted plates one tied into the front, one into the rear.

I’m not liking 2 as much because the it won’t tie as much together, but option 1 doesn’t seem perfect either. There must be another, better way to do it.

uber shitty sketch:

sqeezed the bar into the subframe to checkout the fit.