Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

if you were considering the navy for 4 years why not apply to teaching jobs all over the country…???

I go to oswego and Im in the tech management program (basically the ed program) my girlfriend how ever is a tech ed major

there are jobs out there especially virginia area and they love NYS tech ed teachers apparently…NYS is your problem very tough to start out as a teacher here

I have to echo these sentiments as well, my buddy just took a job in Virginia this past summer. If you’re not opposed to relocating, then do it. Get some experience under your belt and then come back to NY if you want.

they pay well apparently and virginia is a nice place
I will be making the decision to move down there come summer time if my girlfriend gets hired and just driving through it I already prefer it over upstate NY

Starting pay is good I hear, but their pay raises in most cases do not come even close to NY. Plus the cost of living is much higher so in the long run, a good school in NY will be a better decision than a good school in Virginia if you look at it from a financial standpoint.

all depends but on average i could see that being the case

all in all…great place to start and gain some experience

I know you were trying to get into the Navy, but have you tried the Guard? I’ve been in the Guard a little over a year now and i dont have any complaints. I’m getting deployed to Kuwait in Jan for 11 months.
theres alot of kids in my Unit that are going to school now also and they miss drill also and dont get in any type of trouble or have any issues at all. Once i come home from Kuwait I’m going back to school. Can’t beat a free education thats for sure!
Let me know if you need any info, I can get you in touch with my recruiter before I head out.

Which armory are you out of?

For the unit he’s talking about I could get you in. I’m still friends with all the higher ups there and I still have a surprising amount of pull. They try to get me back in at least every other month lol

Im over at the Masten Armory. Im not sure your thinking of the right unit lol.

I just enlisted in the Guard in august. Delta company, 427th out of masten.

Which is part of the 27th BDE right? lol All the higher ups now were much lower ranking in OIF III

Are you in Distro or Main? Whos your squad leader?

Have no idea yet. I leave for basic on Jan 29th so Ill get back to you in July lol

I’ll be in Kuwait lol. but good luck at basic. It was easy to mean i thought. When they say your retarted or stupid dont get upset. they break you down and build you back up. Drill Sgts are paid to be ass holes! its there job! Just remember that and dont be a shit bag and screw your battle buddies over! thats about the only advice i got for ya.

Good luck and have fun in Kuwait. My buddy is also goin there. Im excited to go to basic and ait.