Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

LOL… Air National Guard pays for all of school… plus much more… and its a 6 year inactive commitment. BTW.

Don’t be a seaman

Wrong

There are many programs to make sure you complete your education. This past year I had waivers from all field and travel to finish my schooling as well. With his program he would not start an active service date until he is finished with school and commissioned as an officer. Then it would be on him to make time for his masters degree but I know tons of people who finish and gain degrees while in the military.

What reasons aside from a great start to his life, good money, and life experience do you want him to have? lol I mean anyone who is joining is probably patriotic but lets be serious.

INB4OMGIMGETTINGDEPLOYED

HAHAH yeah it is pretty hard to be in any service and not have to deploy places. However I think he said he didn’t want a combat job. There are plenty of jobs that are not combat relater at all. Not to mention in my 15 months of running around Baghdad I didn;t see many seafags or airmen at all.

LOL I’ve been sent away a ton of times lol :slight_smile: we never went to crappy places.

Yeah some of my absolute best times were being sent places. I went and did training in Japan for a few months, chilled out in Hungry for a bit too. I loved getting sent places! Traveling on govt coin FTW

lol, Dan, how many semesters of school were you forced to withdraw from again?

114 per diem in curacao… 96 in Norway :slight_smile: I enjoy those places soo much more :slight_smile:

ugh too many :frowning:

Could be worse. I could be fucking my dog nightly in NC :slight_smile:

You are not winning any type of dispute by saying this at all. There are school specific programs that you enroll into. I was in one my last year. This is one that he is considering and the terms are built into your contract. Just sihgning up for reserves or guard of some type then being called to duty is not anywhere near the same.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/01000%20Military%20Personnel%20Support/01-400%20Promotion%20and%20Advancement%20Programs/1420.1A%20(ALL).pdf

That OPNAVINST should have all of the technical information you require.

I spent 6 years in and have had 5 or 6 friends finish this program.
2 were dentists, 1 was a doctor and the rest were a variety of whatever.

It’s a great program, E5 base pay while you’re taking classes and you’re only job is to attend the JROTC/ROTC while you’re in school.

I got accepted to the program twice as an alternate and it never worked out, thats the only way I would have stayed in. PM me if you have more specific questions.

I don’t really know all the facts, to be honest

yeah, that would be pretty bad :io:

A buddy of mine just wrapped up an 8 year service with the Air Force.

He started at age 18 in Las Vegas (Nellis), that wasn’t as fun as you think. Las vegas is a city 21+…

He then went all over Europe, Russia, Germany, then two tours of Iraq.

When he came home for good he had two associates degrees, one bachelors, and was working on a masters (all for free)…

He got a contract job for Homeland Security in Northern VA, then just became a FBI Special Agent this past week.

Its a really honorable life. Just being a friend of his makes me proud…

LOL I know.

Hungary* lol.

Lol guys I don’t think you understand, I’m well aware that I’ll deploy after school, I’m looking forward to it.

Everyone loves getting their panties in a bunch on here haha.

Why would I joining for the wrong reasons btw? Just curious, because last time I checked my reasons were valid, your argument was not.

I’m not going for money, though it’s a perk. I’d be going for the experience and education they provide. This isn’t a enlisted position I’m going for, it’d be an officer program in a specialized field.

Maybe Dan or Cougerspeed could explain better than me.

No one is reading the first post apparently…

Cliffs:

Navy.
Finish school here at Buff State
Get my degree just like any normal college student
After I graduate, enroll in the OFFICER program.
Non-combat role.
I want to travel.
Paid masters program while I am serving.
Get out, continue as a technology teacher just as planned.

^fuckin A… where is will in that plan.

Do whatever you want, and plan all you want but from my experience “when bullets start flying, everything goes to shit”. Plans never go as expected, so be prepared to change everything. All the time.

This applies 1000000% more in the military.