Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

Maybe he haz Hungrys when posted?

No shit. What years?

you do realize being enrolled in some kind of officer program is going to extend your time in dramatically right…

IE national guard pilots (the high extreme) have to extend for 10 years.

Its not going to be as simple as just serving a non combat role as an officer then getting out. I also don’t feel as if you should get out if you were an officer to be completely honest…

especially when base pay alone = 2700 a month (most of the will be in training)… in 10 years you should be an 0-4 (full fluffer, in navy rank). which is roughly 50K a year in just base pay. Then tack on shit like BAS, BAH, go on a few tax free trips here and there… you’ll be pulling in as much as someone making about 80-90k.

If you are going commission stay commission for life

Officers do make some pimp coin. Talking to a Sub Officer on a GT500 forum and he currently owns a 09 GT500 and just added a new GTR to his stable…

had to be around '02-'03 ish…

So you were around for our Gulf tour then! It is a small world. Which squadron?

LOL Dan lookup the program he is doing it is FOUR years COMMISSIONED.

As far as Hungary IM AN AMERICAN WAR VETERAN I SPELL HOW I WANT! lol jk :picard: It’s Monday.

But were you Hungrys?

Always

Dan is right, that is definitely a nice chunk of change to make a year, here…I’ll post the information I’m basing everything off (mind you, I have yet to make my way to a recruiter so who knows…)

“Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program (BDCP): Spend your time in college focused on studies without worrying about how to pay for school. As an undergraduate, you can apply to receive up to $155,000 in financial assistance through the Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program (BDCP). Students who qualify can get regular monthly income from $2,376 to $4,300 for up to three years prior to graduation. The amount includes a generous military salary and food allowance, plus a housing allowance that is based upon the location of the school attended. Basically, BDCP enables you to get the most out of college life – no loans, no part-time jobs, no uniforms and no military service until you graduate. Then, you step right into a leadership role as a respected Navy Officer – in exciting Officer career fields ranging from engineering to intelligence to public affairs. You can ultimately gain responsibility and experience faster than your peers – all for a service commitment of as few as four years.”

-Navy Official Site

Man even enlisted people with some decent rank make great money. I make about 4k a month(E-5 SGT), pay taxes on like half of it, don’t pay a dime for medical. Lets not even talk about deployed money. :slight_smile: You will not be unhappy with officer pay haha. Remember you get a monthly food and housing allowance. Also IIRC you get paid extra for sea time as well but i could be wrong. Also as Dan stared you get per diem when you travel and its always nice too.

I know a little about that program I almost did one for the army but i really wanted some time off of school so I enlisted and did school while in. Anyhow it says as little as four years. So you should look into that statement. Also I am not sure about the Navy but in the Army you can request to be an officer in a certain field of work but it is not 100% that you get it.

It says as little as four years due to the fact that you’re inactive for 4 years after I believe.

I do not want to stay in the military after I serve the contracted time, I fully intend on following through with my intentions of teaching after. It would be nice to have the benefits of the military in ADDITION to the pension and benefits of the state teacher’s union once I’m ready to retire.

You don’t get a pension from the military after four years though haha. But yeah I feel ya I did the same thing. In and out.

Ah, I meant to type that as just benefits, that was my typo lol

read about stop loss, then read about the IRR and how your supposed 4 years of inactive will affect you.

you will be deployed, you most definately will not leave at your proposed ETS. and you will probably be picked up again while serving on IRR. unless you join a reserve unit to kill the 4 year “inactive” time.

i have over seven years in the army, and you need to understand how to control your own destiny when it comes to serving in the military.

good luck

Thats really funny as I am getting out on my original ETS date this weekend. :picard: also are you sure you are in the army? not active I assume? your orderly room should have the latest milper posted about the fact that STOPLOSS IS NO LONGER. As of already your unit has to prove that it can not complete the mission without you. All stoploss right now requires a voulentary extension and can only happen if your ets is going to be mid tour. Are you also aware that the military is not falling short on numbers at all right now? LOL they are deff not calling IRR right now. Man what a terrible post.

LOL NAVY STOPLOSS TERMINATED!

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=3043

Man I hope you are reserves or something. Cause if you are active you should know this stuff and stop spreading whatever garbage it is you just said.

i missed the III corps Ft Hood stoploss by 6 hours when got out. i would have lost my mind and ended up being arrested for something had i not been let out. i was in a less than good place where i was and needed to get out.

anyone i know from the marines or army i’ve met says the same thing when asked about the service. Join the air force.

You guys are talking about stoploss that is the past and there are current regulations that have changed in the last few months bringing it to an end. You might as well just tell him he will be drafted since we had a draft during Vietnam. :picard:

FOR EXAMPLE I am getting out of the ARMY this WEEKEND and my unit is deploying in three months. I was given the CHOICE to extend and voluntarily stop loss myself for an incentive of $500 per month. I declined and am leaving ON TIME. After a certain date people will not even be given the option to voluntarily do it and the program as a whole is ending. These are the facts. Also you guys see where he has said like 10x that he is interested in the NAVY right?

Things people are not bothering to do before posting in this thread:

1. Reading anything OP has said or posting pertinent information to his needs.
  2. Know anything about current regulations for any branch let alone the NAVY.
  3. Have a clue.

<3

Haha thank you cougarspeed

I think I’m going to the recruiter this week to see what he has to say

^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i dont want you to die!