Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

NEGATIVE! I am the OPS Sergeant for my company now, and stoploss is in effect until 1 Jan. Im deploying in 3 weeks. I got caught by it. Fuck my life. My ets is early 2010, but I wont be out till early 2011 now.

^is this for Navy?

NO ITS FUCKING NOT AND I ALSO FUCKING SAID THAT THERE IS STILL FUCKING STOP LOSS. AND THAT OFFICIAL MESSAGES HAVE COME OUT GIVING GUIDELINES FOR ITS FUCKING TERMINATION IN THE NEAR FUTURE FOR THE FUCKING ARMY.

NOT THE FUCKING NAVY WHICH ALREADY TERMINATED ITS FUCKING PROGRAM.

FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK

AIR force straight out of HS next year. As much as my parents are against the idea, I want it.

Word. I did the same thing. I graduated on June 6th, and my first day at Basic Training was June 26th. Get it done early.

LOL I would just like to say my outburst a few hours ago was 100% the Buffalo Bills not what any of you have posted. Although the misinformation is strong with this thread.

ummm. yes i know its off and has been off for a while( at least for USAR it is). stoploss can be enacted at any given time due the needs of the military. and yes i know that the army at least is at full capacity and has totally met its recruiting requirements. im a fucking drill sergeant, i know how it all works just as much as you.

but these are things that non-military personnel wouldnt know about or understand. so quit your sharp shooting.

i was giving (in laymans terms) food for thought of what could happen, to this young man. so he doesnt just think you get in and get out. a lot of guys dont make their ETS date due to many reasons. extensions are given out like candy.

so if you want to talk about spewing garbage…reread your own post guy. dont fool this kid like some recruiter into thinking that its all pie. thats the worse thing you could possibly do.

i just noticed this too

that is funny. seeing as how my half my battalion just got back from being mob’ed for training IRR . im sure they mob’ed them for some phantom battalion of IRR guys just for fun. since you say your an E-5 its obvious you know a good amount, but you dont know it all. over 1 million soldiers, you cant track everything that goes on. so you shouldnt bash what your not certain of. seems to happen a lot on this forum.

lol I said that more to prove a point than actually ask

Man I am not even trying to bash but I have posted links and proof to the fact that the Army is putting a halt to stop loss. As in they are not applicable to the OP in the future. On top of this he is interested in joining the NAVY. So ok I will not prepare him thinking its a pie HAVE YOU READ A SINGLE FUCKING POST I HAVE FUCKING MADE??? Frst page i say its a ton of stress and im getting out to be close to my family again. The shit you have posted and are continuing to post has 0% relevance to the OP.

FACT - Stop Loss is ending for the Army

FACT- THE OP IS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE NAVY
http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=3043

So what you just think we should say? “oh hey bro I see you are joining the navy? lulz well the army gonna stop loss you then bring you back to the army on IRR, then the army is gunna send you to Baghdad as an Infantryman lullllzzzzz. OMGZORZ YOU ARE GUNNA BE THE DEADS!”

First page I say be prepared for long days and more stress then some can handle.

BE BACK LATER I HAVE APPTS ALL MORNING TO CLEAR POST SO I CAN GET OUT OF THE ARMY THIS WEEKEND.

YAY!!

If you want to do it, do it. It all depends what you make out of it. Ive been in 3 years and im already an E5. On my 2ND tour in Iraq as we speak.

If your not looking for combat then Navy or Chair Force is def the way to go! I wish I would of gone air force, even deployed they live nice.

Money, sure its ok but not that great. Cougarspeed I dont know where your coming up with 4k a month after taxes. I make about 4k a month deployed, granted when I lived and deployed out of germany it was close to 5k a month as an e3 because of cola.

Every branch has good/bad stuff to offer. Ie; im almost done with my Asssociate in Arts degree and havent paid a dime for it. Medical is free so is housing, but some places like Ft Drum, Ft Bragg and Germany suck with housing.

As for stop loss, no more stop loss. In my case I waived my dwell time after just returing from country in Dec to deploying again in June 09.More NG and AR units are being deployed now instead of RA going and going and going like the damn energizer bunny.

Like I said, dont let people make decisions for you, you make them. What you put in is what you will get out of it.

Officer.

Not enlisted.

OMG!..your right it doesnt pertain to the original post. I made a comment to this …hence i quoted it in my original post you sharpshot.

Originally Posted by Motocrossx23
It says as little as four years due to the fact that you’re inactive for 4 years after I believe.

I do not want to stay in the military after I serve the contracted time.

You seriously need to read a persons whole post before sharpshooting. especially if your an admin.

this quote actually ticked me off a lil. just as your respose did. if you think you can use the military for easy gains your sadly mistaken. thats why i responded with what is possible. a lot of people are fooled into this thinking. and in most cases, its just not so.

Well I’m not going to sit here and argue on the internet if that’s what you want.

My intentions for the military are different than yours, and we’ll leave it at that.

Base Pay
BAH
BAS
$323.87

Now I am not really good at math…lol but umm well I think you probably didn’t realize I was including BAH. Again not that any of what is being discussed has anything to do with what OP needs to know. So yeah only about $3700 :frowning:

Some pretty good outlook in your post as well.

You think cause I am a mod you should be able to let you spew whatever trash you want on here? Actually as my job I should probably just delete your ridiculous first post. The military is hard, REALLY HARD work. I said that from the start. If you do not think it is a good stepping stone for a great life then you simply did it wrong. I am pretty sure by your posts you are reserves right? Again I am getting off of over four years active this week. It was really hard work and tons of stress at times. However here are things I gained out of this.

I learned how to lead, manage, and be in charge to where I am very confident in myself.

Bought a really nice house

Finished a Associates degree and have two semesters for my Bachelors left

Traveled the world and have experiences unknown to much of the world(both great and terrible).

Own a few very nice cars

Served my country and am damn proud of it.

Know what it is like to be selfless and feel fulfilled to be doing something I personally feel was great.

Now again I can not stress how hard it was at times. A few close friends killed, great friend killed himself, seeing shit I really did not want to, many 24-26hr days, working for assholes, dealing with some of the dumbest people I have met. Yea its not the easiest. Obv I am getting out this week so I really do not think it is a great life to live for me, but its great to experience.

However I still think for a 24yo guy it certainly has been an amazing stepping stone for me.

Yup its the BAH, bastard lol

LOL they won’t give it to you as an e-5? I can shoot you the memo I used if you need it. Super easy just commander and battalion commander signature and you get it. I even got them to start mine while I was deployed hahaha.

ya if you can please