Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

I have a ton to do today as I am clearing right now. But PM me you e-mail and I will try to get a copy to you.

BUMP!

I went to the navy recruiter’s office today, he sent me over to the officer recruiter and got a bunch of info on this.

-$3,100 base pay a month
-No ROTC
-Guaranteed job placement
-Start off at E3, every time you make deans list, you get promoted (up to E5)
-Recommends I go for NFO (Naval Flight Officer) in accordance with my degree and GPA (I’m a smarty pants lol)

:clap: :tup:

So you’re going for it?

With how much you whine about your life right now…i hope they ban you from facebook and any other social networking site once you’re in.

boom, headshot. :clap:

Oh stop it guis!

dot.

Could end up in pensicola Florida…

I think this is just your way out of stepping up to a liter bike. You’re scared of the power so you’re going to running off to the navy. Sissy.

Anyone take the ASTB?

Well since I last posted this, I took the ASTB and got my scores back…

7/8/7 - 59

Those numbers probably won’t mean anything to anyone but it basically means I got professionally recommended (pro-rec’d) for NFO (naval flight officer) and SWO (surface warfare officer)

However, I have chosen to not attend officer school at this time. I have so much going on in my life right now that I feel I would rather focus on school and the future after graduation as an educator instead.

It’s nice to know that I will always have this as an option though, my scores were actually VERY good (8/8/8 is the highest you can get) as the test is relatively difficult.

Again, thanks for everyone for the help and info in this thread :tup:

-Chris

Bumping this…

Now that I’m done with my degree I’m looking back into this as a possibility. The market for teachers in WNY is really depressing, not to mention that NYS has absolutely no money in reserves for hiring first year teachers. So, I’ve kept all this information in the back of my mind since I originally posted, just as a back up plan. I think I’m going to take a hiatus from teaching for a while, although I do love it and it’s why I went to school for four years, I’m still not convinced that it’s the right career for me. I’m babbling, anyways…here’s my question:

Anyone know a recruiter or former NCO that they can direct me to in terms of a couple questions that I would like to ask?

Went to the recruiters today, took a practice ASVAB, scored pretty good. Got a TON of information.

I’m looking at Nuclear Tech Officer, Surface Warfare Officer, and Naval Flight Officer. I’ve pretty much made up my mind, I’m doing this.

:tup:

:tup:

:tup: go for a job that pays well in he civilian world. There aren’t to many job openings locally for “guy who shots stuff”

Nuclear Tech -> nuclear technician at any US facility

Naval Flight Officer -> commercial pilot, instructor, FAA career

Surface Warfare Officer -> no clue, lol.

There are a lot of contractor jobs for the last one as well. They all require security clearance. You should be set for life.

That’s pretty much the plan. Teaching is fun and all, but job security absolutely sucks right now. I don’t have time or motivation to fuss with a career that I only “sorta” like.