MKIII Supra

What are you’re feelings on them?

I’m looking at one, 60k on the engine (7MGE), 190k on the body

He is asking $1900, for a first car I have a feeling its not htat bad, opinions???

http://b.im.craigslist.org/q2/Xw/v4hdtGgn1DkDJPyQ7peF16oIS3On.jpghttp://a.im.craigslist.org/Ny/MR/yTs3TDDzPQ57oaakCyilLpWWTRMt.jpghttp://b.im.craigslist.org/7Y/bP/9bKH46lLmCFKeSwwxDVNrc07Vb3g.jpg

<----STEALTTH

i like them a lot and they have a lot of potential, but I would never buy one with that many miles on it. Look for a better one. Therer are many out there.

these are my personaly favorites when it comes to the supra. However i think they are troubled by faulty head gaskets. Sooo, some head studs and a good gasket i think youlle have yourself a pretty solid engine.

as long as its not beat and pretty sloid i say go for it.:tup:

60k isnt shit for that car or really for anycar of that matter.

I dont think he is gunna find this car with much less than 60k and not pay 10g’s for it.

Yeah I saw the odometer and my jaw dropped, becouse right before I peeked inside I bounced the car all around it was pretty smooth besides a little noice from the front right shock but it was cold out, pretty rusted on the bottom but the car is a 87, the guy had a jesus fish on his other car so I doubt it was beat that bad lol
I know the engine was swapped but I’m waiting too see if the transmition was too if it was I am probley going to pick it up. Also the tires are pretty much brand new.

do it up

<—stealtth
theres still something to be said about other parts on the car that are going to wear out. its not just an engine. I spent a lot of time looking for one of these last year…i dunno…how does he know that there really is 60k on the motor?

They have kind of an '80s look about them. I believe you can swap the Soarer front end body panels. I used to love 'em, now, eh I could take it or leave it. I would look around a little more. Try to find a targa top model, or better yet a turbo targa.

I’m a BIG fan of them. Get it…

Well I got some news I didn’t want to hear, The tranny was rebuilt at 140k… was hoping it was replaced along with the engine. New timing belt though and water pump though and the tires are new from august.

Going to talk to the paps see how he feels about this.

As for it not being a targa, I don’t really mind, this is my first car. I actualy had a 240sx in mind but am settling for this since I need a car and 240’s are just too overpriced and hard to find.

was the car EVER drivin in the winter? physcally crawl underneath the car, is there any rust or corrosion? drive the car, are there any strange sounds? squeaks? knocks? is the steering tight? do the brakes feel firm? how does the transmission shift? does the guy have any maintanence or repair records? look them over and see whats been done

while these all seem like obvious things, there are really the thigs that you should be looking at a car that is that old and has that many miles on it. jsut because the motor and tranny are new, doesnt mean that all of the suspension and any other miving or supportice part on the car isnt old and worn out and/or weakened.

my advice: tell the guy i will let him kno, and the keep looking. its not even spring yet, and u will have all spring and all summer to get something. i’m sure you can find something better out there. if you cant, then mayb go back to this one, or you could jsut keep looking. when i went searching for a Dakota or Durango R/T, i looked at about 8 of them, and i was THISCLOSE to buying one and held off on it for one more week, then found my truck and knew it was what i was waiting for. good things come to those who wait.

My friend just got one and i like it. He has a 87 in blue like that one but his is the turbo, 5 speed. We don’t know how it drives, because he tore down the whole thing as soon as he got it. But i think it will be nice

im selling a 240 for 10,000 with a SHIT TON of stuff… shameless plug. i know you don’t have that kind of cash…

am i worng to BUMP this for possible interes in Newman’s 240??? 10 grand for that car and all the stuff that comes with it is a sweet deal!!

i would search for some proof of milage on engine.

Its incredibly hard to sell a car with close to 200k miles…some people are shitty…= tell 16 yr old kid…“yea, 190 is a lot, but the engine has 60”

im leary of dirtbags

edit: haha newman…he wants to spend 2grand and u inform him of a car taht is 5x that :lol:

Lol, you take post dated checks newman?

I’m in a delema now, see I wanted a 240. but for some reason EVERY 240 i’ve looked at is over priced and well tehre just aren’t many out there, now I have this good deal on my hands… I think i’m going to offer the guy 1750 and see what he says

Then start a project 240 this summer :wink:

is it running and together or needs work still?

carfax it…

So selling a car with over 190k makes you a dirtbag???

No the car had a rip on the drivers seat that makes you a dirtbag lol

Well a update on the situation, I asked him whats the lowest he’d go (put the ball in his court) he emails me back saying he has a buyer at 1650 picking it up tommarow, so if this guy doesn’t show its mine at 1650. But I’m back to looking again… seams there is nothing around, is it becouse its 25* outside that people just aren’t selling cars? lol