MMM New clutch

Just got my new clutch in and it looks like it will solve all my slippage problems. Hell we also figure it will drop a good 10 more pounds off my already 8 pound flywheel and 6 puck clutch combo. Going balls deep into 10’s for sure this year with this and my LSD to fix my diff blowout issues I was having as well. Now I just have to hope my honda gear sets stay together :eek3:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/b20turboic/Picture004.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/b20turboic/Picture005.jpg

nice:boink

cool

New clutch, meet axles…

Axles, meet clutch…

… NO NO NO!!, NEW CLUTCH DON’T EAT AXLES!!! :frowning:

nice, don’t forget to mark the discs when you put it together!

HAHA nah my car is good on the axle part. Its all in preloading the fwd driveline and you really dont break them on the launch.

Yeah I pulled it apart in order it seems like competition dummy proofed it too. They really only have it able to bolt together the one way, they have all the floating discs shaped to match each clutch disk.

oh nice, even better!

nice, can’t wait to see this run :bigok:

Nice.

Do you know what the pedal going to feel like when it’s done? I got to see what the act extreme clutch/heavy duty pressure plate combo feels like and it looked like too much for a street car. Expecially when you have to weld rebar to your pedal to keep it from bending.

I might need to look into a better clutch when I run the slicks so I’m looking at options.

if you think a HD clutch is too heavy avoid making any power. this will have slightly stiffer pedal feel than a 2600

is she ready to run yet?

Nah not yet … wanted to run this weekend but doesnt seem like it will happen. Been having major electrical issues with the damn dash. Trying to work that out before I put any new parts on the car but hope to have that fixed tommarow night and get the trans with the new lsd and new clutch in for sunday.

good to hear, my engine is still at the machine shop, i need to asemble it, paint my car, umm yea and tune and everything else soo we will see! may sometime, im havening a hell of a time keeping up with school…

Yeah man school, work, and hobbies are hard to balance. Just focus on school it will pay off in the end. We have all summer to beat some cars down :burnout:

i seen some people said it was actually solft compard to act’s stuff. they said it had a stock feel to it. but i guess we’ll all know soon if thats a fact or not…right steve?

why not a 4puck?

4 Pucks actually hold less power than 6 pucks do. The reason is … less contact patches but larger size. The contact patches heat up and slip at a faster rate with hard launches. The 4 puck may hold my power from a roll on the street but that wouldnt help me too much at the track. Now a sintered iron disk will hold a few hard launched (KEY WORD few) but it will kill your pressure plate and flywheel faster than you can spell WTF.

So in the event on getting multiple cheap crappy clutches its cheaper and more effective to just buy the right one first. Plus I can rebuild any part of mine I want or need.

The twin disk will require less pedal effort to disengage than a monster single disk pressure plate (like a huge clamping- force ACT). Will allow cleaner high rpm shifts and be much kinder on crankshaft thrust bearings too.