Modded 335i runs a 117mph/12.399 at track

Modded 335i runs a 117mph/12.399 at track

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95619

Damm thats pretty good for a pimp ass daily IMHO. and after running Chips friend a few weeks back with the proceed tune, its a very nice car.

Jeller

Yeah, that guy’s car was pretty fast! and there were still upgrades in exhaust and tuning left to go! :tup:

X…

2006 6MT Coupe with 24,500 miles

Mods:
98 octane
Exhaust
Prototype intake
LSD
Rota wheels/BFG drag radials at 27psi
PROcede running standard v2.0.2 map

*Stock downpipes, stock intercooler, stock bypass valves, stock clutch, etc,.

Sacramento Raceway
reaction: 1.111
I1: 2.057 <-- My mom could have launched better
I2: 5.427
I3: 8.136
MPH (I3): 92.929
I4: 10.445

ET: 12.399
MPH: 116.814

Whats up with the 60ft on drs? Are these that hard to launch or was this guy just special. Also those are some great times for a close to stock pimp daily. This is why i think the 135i is going to rock even if it is kinda fugly.

Um…I just did Procede V2.0 on that car last night. It is REALLY impressive now.

Its possible that this particular car still has the clutch delay valve in it.

no torque ? :gotme:

unlikely. the 335i stock makes peak torque around 2000rpm. i would assume even tuned won’t turn it into a pure top end car.

IIRC they actually make great TQ something like 300ft lbs at 1400 rpms or something silly like that. Im sure an expert on the subject will correct me because that dosent seem right at all lol. Bracket what is the clutch delay valve? Im not really up on these cars at all but if i decide to sell my maro i want to buy a 335i or 135i if i like the way they look in person.

WTF?

throw full exhuast, a proper IC and a more aggressive tune (more boost) and you have this bitch running 11’s on a 1.8 60 ft.

135i will be what, 400lbs lighter?

running on vettes?

clutch delay valve is on newer bmw’s. its a damped valve in the clutch hydraulic line to slow down the release of the throwout bearing, ie: make clutch engagement smoother. it sucks when trying to shift fast, because it puts a delay in the release. lots of people remove them.

Ecactley what im saying here and the 135i isnt going to be that expensive at all i believe under 40k new IIRC. If this will trap 117 then in the same form the 135i will easily do 120. I wont be suprised to see 135i’s going low 11’s with full exhaust and slicks. Anyone have some feedback about how well they take abuse ie. upped boost, slicks etc. I might have to buy one and make it run 10’s then drive it in the snow for zzz haters.

Screw that i would take that ish out fo sho.

Curious as to why 98 octane was used. Does the tune have added timing or high enough boost that it is needed?

throw a real diff in there and slide teh fuk out of it.

After reading those guys know nothing about drag racing or these cars are the suck out of the hole. They dont think 11s can happen hahahaha on a 117mph it can go 11s without any more power mods if you ask me. What are the smallest rear wheels you can fit over the brakes anyone know.

Why are you trying to ruin a perfectly good DD? Slicks? Run 10s? Max boost?

:bloated:

Is Formulals1 gay?

So I don’t know what came over me…

What you should be asking is…how big of a cowl can you put on that thing…and will cherry bomb mufflers work…

Cowl pssssh who even needs a hood. Come on man you know the magnaflows dumped are he way to be. Man their tuning market is garbage paying $1300+ for prepackaged tunes is garbage. This car wont be considered untill a tuning software is available for individual tuning and is sub $1k. Maybe it already exists and i havent seen it yet. Hell even simple things like a cat-back are rediculous but thats no biggie we will just make one FTW.